Wireless Vertical Mouse - Freezing

I have a little fan that keeps an ultra fast mini hard drive cool. I had it too close to the receiver. My tip would be move the receiver to another location…in my case I used a hub.

1 Like

Great suggestion

2 Likes

Hi to all :slight_smile:

I have the both mouses (wireless vertical and normal USB vertical) and I can say I had the same problem on both but also only after a period of time maybe a year like most are saying, I mostly only have the issue when the CPU goes more than 60% of usage while opening a simple app like spotify or even Outlook (I have an intel i3 8100 on a desktop).

I have indeed the mouse receiver and USB cable on dedicated USB ports (tried both 2.0 and 3.0 already) and the issue remains, could be a hardware issue indeed or a faulty firmware.

Cheers to all!

PS:
I still keep using them tough cause I cant afford right now the other vertical logitech ones XD

1 Like

I am/was having this problem, it really plagued my productivity and was source of many frustrations. The receiver was connected to a hub on a 2019 MacBook Pro. Replacing the batteries helped but for a very limited time.
The solution I found was to have a Usb extension and connect the receiver closer to my mouse. It is working fine now. I try to keep the mouse within a feet and a half from the receiver.

True, the more transmitting items (bt, WIFI) the more interference,
Claro, the closer the transmitter is to the receiver the better

Usually yes but it can also be because the Lower part of laptop is metal and absorbs the radio signals from USB transmitter. It’s worse with rigid metal case laptops.

I fixed this issue by buying a different brand wireless vertical mouse. Connected the new one exactly the same way as the Anker wireless vertical mouse and it doesn’t have any lags. So the issue is with the Anker wireless vertical mouse, not where and how you stick the dongle.

Different type of bt (mouse)?
Not easy to do a diagnosis from far away. :slightly_smiling_face:
You should try the mice with different laptops.

I have the answer!

Had the problem of jerking and stuttering mouse pointer. Had to keep on picking up the mouse and then put it down to move the cursor.

I tried: new mouse mat, new batteries, cleaning the optical window and nothing worked.

SOLUTION

The problem is all about RF interference. The signal is very weak from the mouse (which is fine as it doesn’t need a powerful RF signal). My Anker USB receiver dongle was 10mm next to a Bluetooth USB dongle. Big problem as Bluetooth is more powerful and interrupts the weaker Anker 2.4Ghz signal.

I moved the Anker USB receiver dongle to a different USB port only 80mm away from the Bluetooth dongle USB port and the mouse works 100% perfectly. Totally smooth, no stuttering, no jerky mouse cursor.

Please use a USB port which is directly in front of the mouse. Not at the back of a desktop PC. Imagine this: can the mouse see the USB dongle if it had eyes? Then make sure you have some distance with another USB transmitter/receiver dongle. Buy a small USB extension extension lead if you don’t have USB ports on the front of your computer. So you can bring the Anker USB receiver to the front of your PC.

Just simply moving to a new USB port solved the problem and now it works amazing.

This is the reason I use cabled mice only.
Too many bt items around!

Hi,
I also started having this problem about a year after using this mouse. There seems to be a blind spot either in the dongle or the mouse as there is a few spots on my desk where it sticks and none of the functions work. using a different port or extender doesnt work. By looks of this forum ALOT of people seem to be having this problem so @AnkerSupport should really issue a recall or some new transmitters!

Have you tried contacting them?

Came here to try to solve the same exact problem, and wow. I’ve never had a radio signal on a mouse be this weak… I love the mouse regardless of that. I’m adding my qualms to the pile!

My issue:

I have an Imac (older model with USB ports in the back) and a standing desk and a keyboard attachment that sits under the desk, it can be raised up and down and under the desk. USB was directly plugged into the imac (back of the imac) Recharged my batteries, tried new batteries, used a hub, then plugged it in directly, still had glitchy, laggy feedback from the mouse and laggy scrolling. Was driving me IN SA NE. Was going to give up, till I read this thread.

I now have the keyboard tray positioned at level with my desk…which is uncomfortable af but will do for now. I also have a longer USB hub that I’ve put directly next to my keyboard so I can put it back down… but its just crazy that I have to do this! Seems like a huge oversight.

I had the same problem, thinking it was batteries. But then I realized that my metal coffee cup was on the desk between my dongle and the mouse. I moved the coffee cup-- eliminated the lag.

I’m glad you found the issue :+1:

A glass of beer is better! :smile:

1 Like

I have four USB ports on the front of my computer. One of them is a SuperSpeed. My mouse dongle was plugged into it, and I had the lagging problem. I moved it 1cm over to the next port, and now it’s not lagging at all. It’s definitely not the distance and is unlikely to be a difference in RF interference.

My suggestion: plug it into a USB 2.0 port, not a USB 3.0.

1 Like

Hey there,
I have been facing same problem, thinking it was batteries. But then I realized that my metal coffee cup was on the desk between my dongle and the mouse. I moved the coffee cup-- eliminated the lag. Read more

1 Like

Hate to bump an old thread, but I do believe it’s interference related. I’ve had no issues for several years, but recently the lagging started a few months ago during a very busy work time for me. The things I tried that did not work:

• Cleaning the mouse area (no mousepad)
  • Getting a mousepad
  • Cleaning the mousepad
  • New batteries
  • New mouse
  • Switching USB ports

None of this worked. Or, at best, it would work for a few hours/days and then start up again. It started happening again today with a fresh pair of Duracell batteries, a 2-week old mouse, and a 1-week old mousepad (specifically made for optical mice). I was about to get a new mouse when I read about the interference suggested here.

Although I had moved the USB to other ports, I didn’t think about the fact that I was using a USB extender. So I moved the USB from the extender to an open USB port directly on my Macbook, and, voila! I have had zero issues since. It was quite literally impossible to use five minutes ago, stuttering every few seconds (or less), and now it’s completely fine.

Just wanted to share my experience in the hopes that some of the people who had issues can try this out and see if it works for them!