Which gadget do you bring when your traveling for business and leisure

As I’m looking to expand my products from anker, I am curious to what items people typically pack during their travels.

Mouse _ mouse pad
Anker 20k mah powercore speed
Lightning USB cable, micro USB, USB c
1 Apple iPad wall adapter (charge anker powerbank)
Portable ssd external drive
Tablet
Shure-bose

The items are always in my business backpack.

3 Likes

Depends on type and duration of the trip.

If I am not doing a presentation involving a projector then I take a tablet. I have a larger one which is Pixel C which is a 5V 3A input, or a smaller Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus 5V 2A. That choice then determines often the charger.

If i am on a longer trip with the Pixel C I take the Powerport 5 USB-C which has one 5V 3A output for faster recharge, but I metered it and it gives only 2.7A vs say the Powerport4 which gives about 2.2A.

For shorter / less work type trips I’d use the Powerport4.

How long I expect to be away from power drives the Powercore decision. I have 3350 6700 10000 26800. Usually the 10000 as compact and enough to handle my typical worse day off-grid, and usually the 3350 to recharge the buds so I get two ports then total.

The necessary number of MicroB and USB-C to the devices and charger.

Spare charger, usually the Aukey 12W tiny one just in case, they also work better than the Powerport4 in cramped or bad sockets, but this week I won the newer Powerport2 which is smaller so that might become my spare.

To go into other different electrical port countries I tend to use the Powerport5 with USA cord and the local country plug adapter. Adapters on wall chargers tends to fall apart.

3 Likes

In theory ((I haven’t been nominated holiday since 1984) or travelled for business since 2001)) what I’d take with me (abroad n UK)

UK,
A powerbank, leads (longer from wall n short charge lead for powerbank) wall charger, headphones, belt case, larger belt case for more than just phone, camera (Sony power shot) and charge base, mem card reader, OTG lead.

Abroad
Same, plus… Power adapters, power extension cable, waterproof case (the ones I just tested from anker), mosquito buzzer (stop the buggers), USB stick of special documents (spare kept with friends in UK, already in jiffy with money for 24hr postage… . I used to work for the UK passport call center, and all that entails in replacing/sourcing new passports etc, plus any extra advice on visa n other very important info). Torch with brand new batteries n spare, my multi-tool (in my case). I’d also check if necessary to use local sim (I always unlock phone within months of getting, especially as O2 don’t charge to do it).

That’s what I’d take.

1 Like

On long trips its the laptop and Anker wireless mouse. A pair of the Anker Soundbud Slims+ and I carry a large battery pack and a small Anker Powercore.

I also have Anker dual port wall charger and couple 6 and 10 cables for overnight charging.

For photo shoots, I carry camera gear, an extra powercore to charge my camera batteries, and a tablet.

1 Like

Typically, my backpack will include the following:

Samsung Chromebook Pro (carrying a 2lb chromebook that does everything I need it to do is a lot easier than carrying a 15-inch, 5lb laptop)
Samsung Galaxy S8 (usually with a lighter case on it so it’s protected but still easy to take in and out of my pocket)
Anker Powercore+ 26800 PD (so that I can charge my chromebook without needing an outlet - this is a game-changer)
Polk Buckle headphones (a fairly nice set of cans that I got for far, far less than I should have)
Koss PortaPro headphones (a lighter, more portable set of headphones with an open-back for when I need more situational awareness)
1More Triple Driver earbuds (a solid set of earbuds that I use with foam tips for maximum noise isolation)
Anker SoundBuds Curve (I won them a few weeks back in the Valentine’s Day contest, and sometimes I just don’t want to deal with wires)
Samsung 30W USB-C wall charger (for charging my phone, chromebook, and battery)
Samsung Adaptable Fast Charge brick (for charging accessories like the Soundbuds Curve)
Assorted cables (6ft micro-usb, usb-c, and lightning - I don’t own any Apple products, but I keep a cable on hand for people I’m traveling with)

Longer trips might see the addition of my Lenovo laptop, but since I got my chromebook, I only ever really use the laptop for gaming. My chromebook does 95% of what I need as a college student, and is significantly more portable in terms of battery life and weight.

In the future, I might swap the Buckles for a set of noise-canceling headphones (probably Sony or Sennheiser), but beyond that, I pretty much have the setup that I want.

Thank you all for the wise advice! It seems as technology expand, i find more and more junk in my backpack. I agree that traveling require noise isolation headphones :slight_smile:

No, I find it is getting smaller.

1 Like

Twins (almost)

I also love Chromebook for their compactness, power efficiency. I have almost bought that same Samsung model but waiting out for the backlit keyboard model.

I agree the consolidation into USB-PD Powerbank makes a game changer.

Currently as USB-PD is not that prevalent and it is still hit’n’miss I have been hanging back in the Android 5V 3A 15W devices but cannot hide there that much longer.

2 Likes

True things are getting smaller. Realistically speaking, 20 years ago, you wouldnt be able to carry more than a cellphone and pens in your daily brief case but now we have intergrated different devices into one device. It’s just our lives have be dependent on technology to the point where we feel naked without them.

Chromebook are affordable and thin and light and with Anker multiple Powerport you can shrink from a bulkier laptop and each individual chargers, often the older laptops had chargers about the size of a modern small tablet.

My 1995 laptop

its charger

which itself was an improvement on the 1980s terminal I had to walk up

which was kind of improvement from the one I used in 1970s

Now adays I can travel with the gadgets and chargers and cables only about 2L total volume.

1 Like

How are any of those portable in this year and age

I think you missed the sarcasm train…

That VT100 hurt my fingers.

VT220 was a vast improvement.

I can actually fit that in my check in bag.