What’s an interesting hobby you have?

What’s and interesting hobby you have?

My hobby’s are card magic and Rubik’s cube solving. I have learned many different magic tricks and techniques to perform. I currently own 9 different Rubik’s cubes. Some of which are not cubic. I love solving them all although I’m not very fast. My 3x3 average is around 45 seconds

I look forward to hear all the hobbies of people here at the anker community!

3 Likes

My nephew does “cubing”, I’ll have to check on his times. He has won competitions and travelled for it. Pretty cool!

Hobbies have drifted with a young family. I do love to brew my own beer and I have quite the bourbon collection :smiley:

1 Like

collect travel souvenirs :blush:

1 Like

Video gaming :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nope, I’ve never collected anything.

My fiancée used to collect… Piggins. Little resin pigs that were litteral memes. She hasn’t bought one for a few years now, and they’re also a little old hat now.

1 Like

For me, it would be building and flying model aircraft (hence the username). :grin: When it gets dark earlier, I find that my Bolder LC40 lights up a moderately small field pretty well.

Still can’t seem to solve a Rubik’s cube.

1 Like

If I had a hobby, it’s Anker.
Coming on here and chatting with everyone

3 Likes

In summer time: fixing scooter and motorbike - and driving them. A '68 Vespa PK80, a '58 MZ RT125 and a '96 BMW R100R

In wintertime fixing household things, model building of ships and train accessories …

1 Like

My hobby is to make origami well sometimes and learn a program called “ python” which is like coding to make games etc then I can move onto some higher level stuff.

1 Like

Probably the closest thing outside of computers (which was a hobby and is now my job) …I would go for woodworking and DIY repairs…therapeutic after dealing with computers all week :grin:

3 Likes

Beside I was working for more than 40 years with computers,
I have started collecting many years ago.
Mechanical watches, beer steins and antiquities.
This is quite a good compensation of the computer stuff! :grin:

As I can not keep all the things I sell when I get something new more exciting. Things come and go…

1 Like

I try not to get unnecessary stuff, mainly because I can’t afford to waste money, but also you don’t need multiples of things, after all it’s just greed.

Occasionally you get a second, if the first isn’t quite what you thought you needed or wasn’t quite up to the job required. Then I’d sell the old to help cover the price of the better/newer.

(No not another sob story) I’ve never had the best of things, it’s just the way it worked for me. Bar mobile phones (which cost about the same regardless of model) I’ve never had brand new shiny things, I’ve made do. I do though, like shiny things! Maybe it’s the “look how well I’ve done” physiological effect, I don’t know, but yet I don’t get jealous of those who have, I admire them, but if they have mulitples I just think how greedy.

Take my TV. It’s over 10years old, the screen is going (there are colour issues and strange shadows coming diagonally from each corner) and it takes over 5 mins to turn on (you have to press the standby button for long time and then keep tapping until it turns on). I’d love a new TV, but a 2nd hand one will do the same job. However, there are schemes from council on white goods, but not TVs.

1 Like

I have put my TV to the garbage.
The programs are incredible bad.
Reading books is much more exiting.:grin:

2 Likes

Bravo ! I think you are one out of a million. Keep on !

2 Likes

I have a tv but it’s used as one of my computer monitors. I agree that the programming sucks.

Otherwise, I play disc golf, operate amateur radio, I am slowly learning the drums, and lately I’ve been learning kendama and yoyo tricks. lots of things to do!

2 Likes

There can be shit on TV, but generally speaking, I can find so.ething I like.

I find murder programs interesting, how they go from such small insignificant bits to catching a murderer, and no I don’t mean CSI type shows… Real shows following real detectives.

I also love engineering shows, and not just… How do they do it, impossible engineering, drain the ocean. I also record shows I cant watch as watching something else… Then when shit is on, or late at night, I watch them.

I do of course compromise my TV watching, as Jane doesn’t always enjoy such “man” programs! lol

1 Like

I remember in school aged 11 (1981) having drum lessons… It was 20 minutes of banging the sticks to MUMMY DADDY, MUMMY DADDY, sadly due to circumstances, I moved towns n schools, and never had drum lessons again, I did tho, learn to play the trumpet. This is how I learned to read music. Wish I learned guitar instead tho… Too late now as the arthritis in my hands is too bad.

1 Like

I think all over the world those TV-programs are propaganda and advertising. Nothing else. There are so many other sources to get information.

I will NEVER install a TV again.

1 Like

If I’d have known you chucked out a TV, I’d have got it collected by courier! lol

1 Like

You have to remember, a hobby doesn’t necessarily mean you need money. For instance cube solving, all you need is one 10-15 dollar cube and your set for life! I have collected ten cube now and have only spent 30$. If your careful with how you spend money, it can go a long way