What is your average phone bill?

Wow wonder what you do with 100 GB of data! I don’t go over 2 each month because of wifi

We pay $120 for 4 lines. Unlimited talk and text with 2 GB of data on each line. We don’t use a lot of data because of wifi. T-Mobile also gives us 2 screen Netflix deal included. If any of the lines go over 2 GB in a month, it’s $10 extra. Not bad when you’re in a pinch

I use Cricket, slow but cheap

I’m paying just shy of 50 quid (approx 66$) half of that is paying for the phone … Samsung Galaxy S10+, other half is tariff … 8gb data, unlimited calls/texts

Me too! But I really don’t think it’s slow!

I pay $68 with my iphone on contract which is ending this month. Still debating whether or not to upgrade.

It’s a good deal, got stuck into Contract already, Will move to Xfinity Mobile completely once my Contract ends or explore T-Mobile

Don’t want to deviate from the topic, but there is free Wireless service called as Freeupmobile – which is an MVNO based with services from AT & T, good for anyone with a spare device or for kids…

Cost is basically $0 !!! Comes with 500 minutes or texts and 100MB data, good for kids or spare devices. Using it on my spare iPhone.

Please note that I am NOT promoting or advertising anything here, just mentioning a free service available (till God knows when it’s free or in service - many may still remember the RingPlus )

Xfinity mobile uses Verizon towers so expect great coverage :+1:

How are so many of you under $50?! #jelly

There are two of us on the plan and it’s $160 before the discounts. We get $20 off for paperless billing and auto bill pay. The $140 gives us both unlimited text, talk, and internet with AT&T as well as access to WatchTV which is about 35 DirecTV channels to stream on the Apple TV and any smart device via the app. So I guess $140 isn’t too bad considering we get unlimited everything plus a light “DirecTV NOW” package.

Canadians have it bad on mobile phone bills… :neutral_face: We have one of the highest rates for a developed country! :tired_face:

FAmily plan, around $140 on a legacy 12gb a month with rollover :smiley:

2 lines, 1 Apple Watch with data = $80 unlimited talk, data and text. Includes tax (55+ senior rate). Very happy… came down over $35 per month after leaving AT&T.

Well we moved to T-Mobile because we didn’t know a lot about carriers other than the big 4. So compared to the other 3, T-Mobile was cheapest for 4 lines. And by cheapest I mean as a whole package. We used to pay $100 + tax (roughly about $125) for 1 GB of data on their grandfather plan. Then they offered 2 GB upgrade for free. Now we moved to T-Mobile ONE during 2017 Black Friday so we get a lot more for slightly less buck.

I still feel Verizon and AT&T are much more expensive with AT&T offering shared data on certain plans

I dont know!
This is a task of my wife.
She is chatting a lot! :grin:
But otherwise …

1 Like

Not talking about phones.
All this differs a lot from country to country.
Stable connections (cable) are important using the net.
When you change from one provider to another just saving a few bucks it could happen you have no connection for eternity.

The companies make you daily offers ; cheaper, higher bitrate etc.
Pure propaganda.
Never forget to read the “tiny printings” of such a contract at the bottom before you sign it.

Remember : You never get the bitrate which is offered in the contract.
Check it!

Yes agreed! I am very happy with Verizon. The quality of service is still beyond exceptional and once you pay off them expensive phones the cost actually becomes reasonable.

You’re correct! Those tiny prints at the bottom does make a big difference. When my dad got his 4s on contract with sprint in 2013, he got unlimited data plan which turned out to be just 3 GB of data at full speed. Because I was 6 years younger back then, I thought unlimited data would mean what it says :joy:. It still doesn’t make any sense to have “unlimited data” and limit the speed after just a few gigs

2 Likes

I dont want to be “the wise man”. :joy:

But you should control everything!!! wherever it comes from.
Human beings are behind this.

Contracts may be fraudulent.
Bills may be wrong.

1 Like

My data is slowed (which barely does anything tbh) after like 27gb. So I’m good :joy: