What happened to the PD4?

Anyone know what happened to the PD4 desktop charger?

It apppears to have disappeared completely from the anker website and is always unavailable on Amazon.

1 Like

Is this it?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L32B9C2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_HyE2CbNFVY1N3

It’s not a USB hub. It’s a charger with two USB-C ports and two USB-A ports capable of outputting a total of 100 watts (on mobile so here’s the amazon link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DJC7J5X/?tag=cm-sales-us-2019-20)

Remember seeing some post few days back from @joshuad11 asking @AnkerTechnical @AnkerOfficial when this would be available in US, we are still waiting to hear the official response from the Anker team

Last I’ve seen them mentioned publicly was when they were given away at the recent Anker fan meet up.

I suspect it is undergoing a redesign as it was being reviewed as huge and was getting hot. You’d be better off with say the Atom III and say a Powerport2 24 or 12W mini charger.

Anker is clearly struggling to up the wattage and ports in something small. The IQ3 may be part of the answer.

1 Like

I have the Atom 4 PD, seems to work fine, didn’t see the charger get hot… just charging iPhone and S8,S9

Recently started charging my Lenovo Thinkpad, will post if I see any heating.

1 Like

I think a PD desktop charger with 60W dedicated to the PD poertt and IQ3 on two other ports would be dynamite. i know a lot of macbookers that are waiting for that product.

I’m now waiting for a compact PowerCore (10-13k) with PowerIQ 3.0 and GaN. That will be the ultimate combo in my opinion.

3 Likes

About 60W is the max I need and the 13Ah is max I need. Put that in compact size and I’ll buy it.

@AnkerTechnical
I’m not sure what you changed on my post¿

Atom PD4 needs get the authority from DOE, we will not officially launch the product until we get the authority.

3 Likes

Atom PD4 needs to get the authority from the DoE, we will not officially launch the product until we get the authority.

I think was what you mean to say.

1 Like

Lol, I dont think @AnkerTechnical speaks English as there native language :joy:

So what was your native language?

1 Like

Pig Latin…

to funny

2 Likes

Lol yeah I know, I just don’t pay attention :joy:. The meme is pristine though :joy:

Yes. :innocent: