What does this light mean?

What does this red light behind the grill mean?
It stays on at all times in my Anker’s Soundcore.
I can’t turn it off, or on, or connect, and not even use via the aux cable.

1 Like

I can’t remember exactly what it the meaning is, but I know you should be able to get rid of it by doing a hard reset on it. Push the power button first, then push the bass and + button at the same time and hold it in for a few seconds. That should hard reset the speaker and should take it away.

Humm, what is the bass button? My speaker is the Soundcore 1. There are 5 buttons: On/Off, +, -, Play and Bluetooth.
Thank you!

@Luis_Hansen The red light is normally an indicator that the speaker requires charging however if it is remaining on despite a full charge try a reset like suggested. If a reset fails to resolve you can reach out to support@anker.com or service@soundcore.com for further assistance if you are still within your warranty period.

1 Like

1 Like

I think a solid red light means it’s charging and so if it never turns off then it’s never charging implying bad cable or bad charger. If it’s never working that would mean flat as never charging.

1 Like

It’s not blinking.
Look: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wPnejTJyf7LgbjRE_ki8BxcfqjCMMUv2/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks for the video.

That’s appears to me to be an internal short, possibly a dud unit, so initiate warranty process if not yet started. Include proof of purchase, serial number, all you’ve tried so far. Expect reply Monday. They’ll sort you out.

1 Like

They don’t want to send me a replacement unit.
They said they’ll refund me 90%, bc apparently it’s somehow 10% my fault.
I guess it is, for trusting in the company…