Weekend activities! (old thread reanimated)

I have a real weekend plan!
I will start testing and comparing speakers.
ZERO, FLARE and MOTION+
A lot to do and to write…

1 Like

Me n Jane went to our local, as been closed for a long time.

The old landlandy thought it was a crèche just for her n her “friends”. If you weren’t in the gang, then she basically ignored you, which for a landlady is bad for business.

She ran it down until debt collectors removed her.

Now finally a new landlady and so desperate were they the brewery asked for only 1/4 rent for the year!

Anyways, only half open as lounge n garden shut. So all old people all come to only half space, plus an average singer, was to too noisy for me n jane, so one quick Corona and we left.

2 Likes

Went to the Natural History museum with my wife and son. It was nice to see history through the years, we even got to see the sports hall of fame for North Carolina. It was nice to spend the day together, tomorrow we might go to the Art museum

1 Like

I came to support my local baseball team :grin:

2 Likes

We ended up staying in for Fathers day and set up the Nebula Mars II with the new projection screen we got. The screen fit right between our frin bay windows and blocked out all the light, so we spent the day watching movies. My son has never seen it so we watched The Rocketeer and Herbie Fully Loaded

1 Like

A pub raise and fall with the quality of the owner.
The pub could be nice and good located,
but if the owner is not good, the pub will die.
Many pubs and restaurants are owned by breweries her in Germany as well.
And these breweries are real bloodsuckers.

A friend of mine who run a pub told me, the beer is cheaper in a beverage trade than he has to pay for when delivered by the owning brewery.

And not to forget the minimum sale and the rent.
This is a shame!

1 Like

Pubs in UK pay so much in various taxes, more than ANY other country. Which is why a pint bottle of.corona in £3 in the shop (2 for £4) and a STANDARD bottle in the pub is £3.75 (approx a third of the size!)

1 Like

I would get “sober” very soon with that prices.
(1 pint ca. 1/2L)
Ja, in the pubs here in München the 1/2 Liter is about 3,50 - 4,50 Euro.
But you can get a case (20 X 1/2L) of good “healthy” beer for about 13 Euros in the beverage store…
And there are cheap ones (p*ss beer) for about 6-7 Euros a 20 1/2L.
But never touch!

3 Likes

Not quite the weekend, but I’m going out of town this week. Probably won’t be on much, if at all.

1 Like

We will miss you SO much! :heart_eyes:
The emoji should be much bigger here!

2 Likes

I never knew this thread existed! Lucky for you all, I had a little accident last night that got caught on camera…I do say “Sh**!” around the 45 second mark, so I wanted to give you a fair warning. Needless to say, after 48 hours of rain, it was very chilly. LOL!!! :rofl::man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Chewbacca!

2 Likes

haha! That was my old profile pic too! Just wanted a little update to go with the site update. :smiley:

1 Like

Nothing like a nice cool swim, haha

2 Likes

Lol that was funny :rofl:

2 Likes

That camera has captured some good stuff! Here’s a good one from February! Watch the puppy in my arms.

2 Likes

Ouch :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Great!
Seems you have a lot of friends. (smile)
I expected they all would have carried you inside the house.
“little helpers”. (laugh)

2 Likes

A fall like that, would put me in hosptital these days.

My spine is collapsing as it is (lost approx 1+ inch in height) and have 4 bulging discs in my lower back and 3 bulging in my neck.

Hope it didn’t hurt too much.

2 Likes

Oh man. All of that sounds really painful. Hopefully it’s not as bad as it sounds.

The fall didn’t really hurt that much, it was the aftermath and the bruise that hurt the worst.

There were a lot of little helpers over that day. We have 3 dogs, one is the puppy, and my in-laws had their 3 dogs over. So the 6 came to my rescue! :smiley:

4 Likes