We Love Testing—SweatGuard Edition!

What better way to test the Sprint X earbuds than during a sweaty 15 mile run along the caustic ocean? Running for many years has taught me that earbuds never last and become very uncomfortable when exercising. The combination of sea spray and sweat also cause earbuds to die quickly.

SweatGuard Immersion Test Process:

1. I would do a water dunk test for 1 min to ensure that the headphones are still operational afterwards.
  2. I would do a 1 hr indoor workout test for sweat to ensure that the headphones still work
  3. I would do 1 hr outdoor workout test for sweat to ensure functionality

If I win I will take them with me to a pool

I’ve always got earphones in my ears & work out with them so I sweat & shake so I’ll be testing if it stays in the ear too, audio quality is one of my main priorities though so that’ll have to be on par too, of it wants to pass my test, overall durability + sweatproof + quality = the best

With the temperature a continue 28 degrees Celsius in Stoke and most nights I complete 2 high intensity circuit training sessions, these would be amazing to test in these extreme conditions. Walking alone in this weather produces sweat but with a double circuit train sessions, the sweat levels would be pushed to another level, especially when it starts dripping from around your ears like it was tonight. I hope I get chance to push these amazing products to the extremities :ok_hand::ok_hand::purple_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::heart:

I would test mine whilst detailing cars.

I tend to get pretty sweaty whilst detailing (it’s a lot more physical than you might think - no, honestly, it is!) and then there is also a lot of water spray in the air too - so a double level of testing if you will :slight_smile:

You don’t just get sweaty and wet at the gym!

Year round Phoenix Arizona cyclist, runner and kayaker here… I can’t think of a better SweatGuard Immersion Test dummy than myself.

As a guy who runs more than 150 miles per month on the treadmill in my basement, I sweat uncontrollably. I would love to take the SweatGuard Immersion Test. Trust me… I sweat! I sweat buckets. I am up for the challenge and would consider it a privilege to review this product.

This would be a great chance for a double test. I could test these perfectly with my daughter when we go to the gym. We train three times a week, utilising tread mills, bikes, rowing machines and core work.
Having a pair each we would be able to show different degrees of sweat control with Sweat Guard immersion test pushing Spirit X it to extreme.
What are you waiting for…

Just started a cruelling exercise routine to loose the very much needed excess weight! Only problem is I have to do it in silence as I’ve broke 2 sets of earphones with my sweat as they weren’t sports ones and I’ve got none left :worried:. These would be great and I’d put them through a good test and it would be great not to exercise in silence :slight_smile:

I work in attics and on roofs here in Southern California where it’s going to be 109 degrees this week. I sweat profusely and would be a great candidate for this special opportunity.

A firefighter can break anything just give me enough time to test it properly.

Testing the IPX7 SweatGuard technology for the Soundcore Spirit X Sports Earphones by Anker
SweatGuard Immersion Test

1: Create Fake Sweat

Sweat is mostly water. A microfluidic model of the eccrine sweat gland provides details on what solutes partition into sweat, their mechanisms of partitioning, and their fluidic transport to the skin surface.Dissolved in the water are trace amounts of minerals, lactic acid, and urea. Although the mineral content varies, some measured concentrations are: sodium (0.9 gram/liter), potassium (0.2 g/l), calcium (0.015 g/l), and magnesium (0.0013 g/l

Many other trace elements are also excreted in sweat, again an indication of their concentration is (although measurements can vary fifteenfold) zinc (0.4 milligrams/liter), copper (0.3–0.8 mg/l), iron (1 mg/l), chromium (0.1 mg/l), nickel (0.05 mg/l), and lead (0.05 mg/l)

Minerals: see amounts listed above
Lactic Acid: TBD
Urea: 22.2 mmol/L
Uric Acid: 24.5 micromol/L

ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspiration
ref: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12817713

2: Submerge headphones in Fake Sweat for various periods of time until they fail.
4hrs
6hrs
8hrs
10hrs
12hrs
14hrs

3: Test to see if they still play music, if the sound quality is degraded or not. After each interval they will be removed from the fake sweat, they will be dried off, charged fully and placed in front of a microphone at the same location and at the same volume with same song and recorded with software such as Audacity. A recording of what they sounded like out of the box will be the benchmark. This will allow us to more easily check performance and visually be able to look at the waveform for visually detecting differences.

4: There will be a visual inspection of device to see if there is any degradation to the plastic, rubber or metal parts. There might be some corrosive properties in the fake sweat that can make the actual casing of the headphones fail.

5: Once this core testing is done then a personal review will be completed. The personal review will entail an HD camera recording at 1080p with a closeup and focused look at the headphones, all audio will be recorded through dynamic microphones through a mixing board. The review will go over things such as appearance, functionality, sound quality, comfort and durability.

6: Just because Anker mentioned it, I will run it through the washing machine on the Heavy Duty Cycle and see what happens.

All testing will be video taped for reviewing and posted on Youtube.com

1 Like

I am just getting started going to the gym regularly. I am severely overweight and sweat buckets when I work out. I would love to be able to test the Spirit X headphones during my workouts and occasionally during my workday. I would look to test the following things:

• They have to be comfortable in my ears and stay in place when I move around
  • They need to be sweatproof while I work out and not gross if I need to use the headphones at my office the next day
  • They need to be comfortable around the back of my head and not get caught in my shirt
  • They need to block out the blaring gym music while providing me much better audio quality than my current gym headphones
    *They need to have a great Bluetooth connection, as I am horrible about leaving my phone on equipment while going to find towels to wipe it down
    *Long battery life is a plus so I can wear the headphones for a full work day without needing to charge them

My current gym headphones are not in-ear, but they constantly fall off, the sound quality is only okay. I would love to find a much better pair for a price that isn’t much more. I need some much better audio inspiration to help me on my journey to become stronger and healthier!

I have been using my soundcore spirit Bluetooth ear buds almost every day and have found them very useful in the car for listening to audio books. I posted a review on slickdeals and amazon and would do the same again. I will also perform the SweatGuard Immersion Test!
#WeLoveTesting

My SweatGuard Immersion Test will consist of :

1. Various liquid splashes such as milk, water, and maybe juice.
  2. an hour long jog around a track during tolerable running conditions (~80 degrees and depending on humidity).
  3. a rain test, as Chicago has been getting quite a bit of rain, so I doubt I’ll have trouble finding myself walking in a downpour.
  4. Washer test. Throw them in with my regular clothes to simulate an average day to day washing.

My standard headphone review will consist of :

1. Durability/build quality. Compared it to other previously used headphones such as Beats X, Jaybird X3, Airpods, and older Anker headphones.
  2. Sound quality. Compare them to headphones linked above.
  3. Bluetooth range test.
  4. Packaging.
  5. Comfort.
  6. Sound isolation and passive noise cancellation.
  7. Call quality. If they can hear me clearly + if it picks up background noise.
  8. Battery life. Advertised vs. Personal usage.

https://twitter.com/KevinLuc17/status/1014418885230125056 is the link to my shared post.

I plan on uploading it to YouTube with a video compilation of all my findings.

Testing. Mmmm. I love testing. I’ll test these at work. I do use Anker Sound Buds. But want to feel and listen and what Anker have done better.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

1 Like

The waterproof feature testing would include:

• gym training (I am a sweat machine … in fact I sweat just by typing on my computer).
  • shower exposure (only decent pictures).
  • Pool water bomb trial.

The headphone testing would include:

• wear them at work for the comfort after few hours,
  • battery time
  • sound quality.

PS:
My ears looks good with headphones
:wink:

1 Like

My friends and I will be taking part in Spartan race beast, 15 miles of craziness littered with over 30 obstacles. Tests physical and mental endurance.

1 Like