We Love Testing—SweatGuard Edition!

I am a runner who only runs while listening to music. I have been having a hard time finding earbuds that work well with running. Some can stay in but get damaged by sweat and some are protected from sweat bit fall out easily. I sweat a lot while I run and workout. So, having earbuds that are protected from sweat would be amazing. I have also ruined too many earbuds due to putting them through the wash after I shoved them in my pockets after a run or workout and forgot about them.

I would test this out with the few lawns that I mow, running in the mornings, and hiking the mountain trails in the summer.

Extensive testing while running, exercising, cutting the grass and other outdoor activities. Will get a lot of sweat.

I am going to give this a very practical test. No laboratory testing. During my workouts I sweat a lot (get ready for zumba, bootcamp and cardio classes). Also I love to hike and run,so lets see how the battery life is during long hikes on sunny days. Finally, if the sweat immersion is not enough, I will wear them in the pool to see how it holds up to real immersion. My test would would include checking how it holds up to all the tests in terms of durability, sound, stays in the ears or falls off, Bluetooth connectivity and ease of use.
Not to forget I will test the sound quality and connectivity during calls for any kind of connection drops, hissing or static sound during calls.
@AnkerOfficial Anker - I am ready … Are you ready ?
#WeLoveTesting

1 Like

For the most part, I sweat a lot when I do yard work outside. I mean drenching wet. So have your sweat for the test.
My test(s) will be a multi-test. What I am thinking of doing is a day in the life of a Soundcore Spirit X earbuds.
My test plan would be:

1. Do a full recommended charge.
  2. After the charge to make a sound quality test. my test would to set the sound at the max to verify that sound quality for the max sound. (will not do this for the rest of the test as well it could hurt my hearing)
  3. After this baseline test, I will do my test in a day of Spirit X earbud in different test environments.
  4. With a use of my gopro, I may start out with taking them in the shower. Could do a Ferris Bueller style scene. Although it is not sweat but it potentially other chemicals.
  5. After this test, I plan to go out and cut weeds, and grass (music still be playing). Sweating as much as I can and recording the results after each test.
  6. After this test, I will get my kids and jumping in my pool where I will proceed to wear and listen to music and exposing them to a new chemical element. Chlorine. Will wear for a bit and then drop them in the 3 foot above ground pool for little bit…
  7. The last test is after the pool test is to let them sit in the sun for a bit to be out in the direct sun and to also dry out. I will then take them back inside to retest the sound quality. To compare it to the baseline test.
  8. My final test which I do not see too often is a distance test. How far can I leave my device and still have the music staying connected. An example is I am listening to music or watching a movie on device and I leave the device in the living room and go into the kitchen for a drink. How far away can you be and still be connected. I see two or so test for this. 1. A direct line of site test. Meaning open area with no wall obstruction. 2. The second test is once you figure out the distance, you can then do a test where you and the device is separated into different rooms and see how it holds up being separated by one room and two rooms for an example. Tx for chance.

SweatGuard Immersion Test Plan:

a) real world: listen to music outside in the 90+ heat until the battery dies. recharge and repeat for the 10 day heatwave that is coming.

b) more structured: place headphones in 6" of gatorade (while powered on) and agitate gently until battery runs dry. rinse, dry, repeat for 100 hours.

hopefully, the earphones still work after all that!

I’d Love to test these in the UK for you, I cycle 3-4 times weekly and usually have a cycle cap on to cover my ears, hence Sweat is usually trapped under the cap.
I would look mostly into ease of use for us older generation, sound quality and wind noise. My last set created more wind noise than wanted, so stopped using.

Lets Go!

I’d test them through while doing different types or cardio exercise IE running,mixed cardio, and strength training. I’d also use them while cutting my lawn.

I live in the desert of Southern Utah. You think you know hot? Try 120°F all through summer even only getting down to 95°F at night. I’m constantly on the go and love listening to music. I sweat like crazy due to the extreme heat. Bluetooth headphones need to have an awesome battery to last all day and be able to withstand sweat and heat. The also need to be waterproof just in case they get a ride through the washer in a pocket of pants or shorts. I would test to make sure they stay in - and on- the ears through various activies such as a gym workout, running, biking, and hiking. Who wants ugly headphones? I don’t! In my testing I’ll check the the style of Anker’s new headphones meshes while wearing casual, active, or even business style clothing. External controls need to be intuitive and easy find while in the middle of the run, but still look good with the overall style. I would love to see if Anker’s new Soundcore Audio Spirit X headphones can the handle the job. I love Anker and would love the opportunity to test their new products.

I GORUCK, play Ingress, and spend more time outdoors than a pasty cancer surviving computer security tester really should. I get drenched so bad I always wear a technical fabric undershirt and carry 2 spare shirts most of the time.I’ll gladly do Anker’s immersion test, but my use case is probably an extreme - in the sand and seawater of VA Beach for 10 to 12 hours overnight on July 20th.Uploading…

I’ll test it by running 17+ miles each time I wear it. I have run marathons with earphone and hope this one is better than the one i have. I run 2 to 3 plus hours outside or indoor track and sweat a lot. Running in the summer in Southern CA will test the battery life and the way it handles water being splash on it. #WeLoveTesting

It’s Summer in California. I’ll be wearing the Soundbuds Spirit X on my trips too and from work out in the sun, I’ll run the battery down on my days off working out and running errands on foot. I’ll give the SweatGuard an immersion test every day of the week to compare them to my current Anker Sound Buds Sport. Maybe even a trip out to the Pacific Ocean for a dip could be arranged as well.

#WeLoveTesting

My test would be the washing machine test. The best or nothing!

Anker rocks!

Hope to get one of these and a huge fan of Anker.

I exercise for 1-2 hours on a stretch, using this headset, I can see how they cope with the sweat. After exercise I splash water to face and head, this would be the second test. Twice in a week, go for the hiking in Bay Area Inlands and trail walks, with soaring temperature, this will check on extreme heat and battery life. This with regular commute to office which is almost 2 hours per day. Will test how these headset fit on the ear lobes and comfort level.

Would love to do testing on these and give my result

Well… What A Great opportunity to start now with a new Spirit X so I can listen to some music while I try to get back into shape or strengthen my muscles. I was just in a bad motorcycle accident that almost took my life so I will put those in to use test them out And let the others read my reviews and I’m sure as always rock on anker…

I would test the Spirit x in the following conditions:

1. Hot Sauna Everyday for 2 weeks (I swear profusely, after 15 minutes my sandals will have their own little pools that I can splash in)
  2. Towards the end of the testing period I will have them do a washing machine load (and dryer of course)
  3. Hand wash in the sink additionally
    I will test them for the following before and after the water testing
  4. Sound quality
  5. Battery life
  6. Control (buttons)
  7. Connection range and sound quality at further distances
  8. All of the above after water testing

really looking forward to the testing reviews coming out after people are selected. and good luck to those who apply

Does it matter what I fill in here, some people won reviews without actually putting anything in here.
I will review the product.

Would love to test these out! :heart_eyes:

I will test these when I am out running and cycling, which will be sure to have SweatGuard Immersion!

Other tests include using them when it’s raining (common here in England), noise reduction from the traffic, and test to see if the sound would be hear when in a quiet room by others. :wink:

Review will be posted on my blog and here.