We Love Testing | Roav Bolt

Thank you @AnkerOfficial for this event! I’d love to test the Roav Bolt

It’s so annoying but to be fair there a company based in the United States

Thanks @AnkerOfficial!
I just entered, would love to test this and compare to my other Google Home products as well as compatibility with my Nest Thermostat.

I was about to buy one of these at best buy the other day. But they didn’t have any in stock when I went. I’m holding out for now. Just signed up.

I wish we can have one best for iOS devices too

Roav Bolt works with Google Assistant on Android and iOS

It does, but I thought I saw somewhere that iOS support is coming soon…I could be wrong though.

Ah! Found it. The iOS functionality is still in beta.

1 Like

I already bought the Roav Bolt on day one from BestBuy and been using…ahh…hmmm… testing it on the iOS device (iPhone)

Here is the link

Lol! Well, that’s good to hear! Have you used the Viva? If so, how does it compare?

I am out of this one. I have successfully cancelled my pre-order of the Bolt. I was very sad and felt neglected as the Bolt rolled out to bestbuy and probably other stores and my pre-order was just sitting there doing nothing for over a week! Anyway, no bad feelings…

Dont want to mention too much here… else @AnkerOfficial may not consider me for the tester :laughing:
just kidding!

Roav Bolt and Viva / Viva Pro are completely different variants of hardware from Anker Roav,

Viva / Viva pro have Alexa as assistant and integration is managed on smartphones via Roav Viva app, which connects to Alexa app on smartphone. Roav app controls all the attributes / controls on the Viva, including but not limited to firmware upgrades, app selection for maps, … etc.

Roav Bolt on the other hand has Google Assistant for all the voice commands, and is completely controlled and managed by Google Assistant app on smartphones, starting from setup to firmware upgrades to voice commands. There is no dedicated Roav app for it, though i really wished they would. Since it is on Beta for iOS, there are still some issues, delays, and Google (& i believe along with Roav Team’s help) is sending out firmware updates to Bolt, but it will take some time while it stabilizes to get optimum services from it.

1 Like

Haha, you should never feel obligated to enter a giveaway. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Seeing inclusion of a new rule :slight_smile: or may be I am seeing it for first time

I’m definitely excited to check it out! Personally, I think the google assistant responds quicker and more accurately than Alexa, but I’ve invested in the Alexa ecosystem for most of the home. I use the Google Home to control one of the TVs, for music, and to get answers to things.

Thanks for all that info! :smile:

1 Like

Sucks that happened to you man

1 Like

Sorry this product is only sold in the US currently. We will bring up some other We Love Testings of which product has more countries available. :innocent:

1 Like

Things happen, lessons are learnt, sometimes pre-ordering or sometimes being front of line to buy new product releases :grin: each has its own positives and negatives

1 Like

Haven’t there been some?

I would sign up for this but as it is, I rarely even use my car. Good luck to all that entered for a chance to test it. :slight_smile: