We Love Testing | PowerPort Atom PD 1

Although I don’t have anything to test this on, I can’t wait for the reviews to be posted. MacBook users will rejoice. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cracking opportunity for those across the pond :muscle:t2:

Only slightly jealous :tongue:

2 Likes

I would love to test this on a few MacBooks, my PD battery packs, and my Galaxy S9+. I would do a video comparison of this and with other similar plugs, of course all would be compared with a meter to verify power output

1 Like

Happy to review. Submitted the survey.

I have a Thinkpad laptop which looks like it will charge from USB-PD. I do own your USB PD 5 port and it is not charging that Thinkpad, so I’ll test the Atom see if it fairs better. I have a Huawei tablet which does overlap Power Delivery, I have this working with the USB PD 5 port and it works at 18W (9V 2A) but that tablet is capable of up to 22.5W so I’d see if the Atom is any faster.

I’ll also look at quality, and size.

I will then think how well this will work within my ecosystem, does it make most sense as a travel charger, home.

The fact this is a USA only charger is not as big a problem as others may think, I do travel internationally and I prefer the the USA plug type as it is physically smaller and I use USA extension cords so the USB cables I carry are shorter, that lowers weight and is more reliable.

I also offer that others may be a better choice to send an evaluation unit. Ideally you need someone with a 30W existing PD charger who can see same performance for smaller. I do not have any such devices, I have a 45W USB-PD device and a 22.5W USB-PD device, neither is 30W.

2 Likes

Awesome guys! I’ll make sure to enter :+1:

2 Likes

This will be awesome in our high school, we have all macs… would be interesting how fast til the device burns out. We fry devices daily from so much usage.

1 Like

Just asking for a friend, what is the minimum age to be considered for testing?

2 Likes

If he is able to write, so he may be able to test! :joy:

There are some fellows who are really old and not able to write a review,
otherwise there young students and pupils who are quite perfect.

I know this, old teacher I am/was :grin:

2 Likes

I’m sure the minimum age is 13 because of laws.

1 Like

US laws may be different from others in the world.
“children’s work” :joy:

1 Like

Survey submitted :slight_smile:

i am at San Diego, US for a conference does that count?? :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t think there is a minimum age to review a product

1 Like

Forgot to mention: i will test on moto z2 force edition, asus chromebook flip, galaxy s9+, and anker powercore pd speed 20000 at a minimum. Might also be able to get my hands on a macbook…

3 Likes

At least they will have an Atom PD :laughing:

3 Likes

I didn’t enter because I didn’t have anything that could connect to the PD so I opted out.

I was just joking. Sorry for offending you.

For the record, I think your friend should be able to review.

2 Likes

Oh, you’re fine, I’m not a guy who takes mostly everything literally, it’s just that it can be hard sometimes to tell what connotations people are speaking in to you on the internet. Let’s just edit our posts and move on lol.

Cool. Sent from the future post-Brexit.

2 Likes

:fearful: Theresa May is hiding in the background of that picture “encouraging” the youth :anguished:

1 Like