‘We Love Testing’ is Back!

Having previously tested the Soundcore 2, I would love to test the Flare by giving an honest and truthful review. Pushing the device to its limits of sound genre, volume, material quality, product looks and durability. Under each sections giving a score out of 10, then providing a more detailed explanation will result in the most objective testing :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

I would like to test the Flare. I would test this outdoors, test the waterproof feature floating on the surface of hot tub as well as indoors in shower. The dispersion of sound being in middle of room/ outdoors. I would post review via amazon.

I want to test a Flare, and here’s my plan:

First, how much better than my TV’s dinkey speakers is the Flare? 360 degrees of rich, full bodied sound, vs. tinny, shrill stereo speakers, FIGHT!!!

Second, does the flare play well with my Zolo Halo? Alexa brains plus punchy bass seem like a killer tag team!

Third, can my singing-in-the-shower jam sessions be brought up a notch? The Flare’s waterproof light show wont help me wash-up, but I bet it’ll help me get down.

I’d love to test the Flare speaker. We currently use the Anker Soundcore in our open office space to listen to a shared playlist every day. The Flare speaker’s 12 hour playtime would be more than enough to get us through a full work day, and the 360 degree sound would make sure the sound travels throughout the space for everyone to hear. And of course, the light show would add a fun piece to the other people in the building that walk by. I’m intrigued by the BassUp technology as well, so would love to give that a listen.

I’d also bring the speaker home on weekends to use by the pool (thanks to the IPx7 waterproofing) and just around the house. Depending on how quickly the speakers are distributed after selection, I’d also be able to test it out at the beach in July, where I’m sure the LED lights would draw plenty of attention!

I’d post my review on Facebook and Twitter, but also would be able to get input on the product from the other 5 people in our open office space for my review. I’d be willing to give a video review a shot too if I can make that work.

Anker Soundcore Motion Q

1. Submerge to water 1 meter deep for 30 mins, play some music on a loud volume. After 30 minutes, check if it still plays and if it affected the sound quality.
  2. In the bedroom, let it play music with more bass for 10 hours on a medium volume. Leave it while working in the office on a weekday.
  3. Bring it to an occasion: a) day time outside such as children’s party b) travel to another province via land as a passenger watch any action movies while inside a car c) go to a night beach party with friends on bonfire, play some loud acoustic music.

Flare Test Case:

1. Do test case #1-3 from motion Q
  2. At night, check if you’ll be able to sleep with the LED brightness of light while playing Sleep Playlist from your favourite streaming site.
  3. Use a DJ software from iPhone or Mac to test the configuration of Flare App by playing any mixed/remixed music.

I’ll be posting my review on Amazon. Thats always how i review all my bought Anker products.

I would really like to test the speaker because i love music and it would be my first speaker from soundcore. I already have product like cables and a powerbank and so on from anker and so it would be very cool to get the chance to test such a good speaker.

###Intro

The Soundcore Flare is my preferred device to test, though I can test applicable categories for the Motion Q.

Reviews of speakers and related audio devices are unavoidably influenced by the inherently subjective nature of an individual’s perception of sound. While it may be difficult to generalize my own opinions on the sonic quality of any speaker due to personal biases for certain EQ profiles, there are several categories where the speaker can be objectively tested. These categories are based both on features that are specifically touted for the Flare (and Motion Q) and general aspects shared by all Bluetooth speakers.

• Quantifiable tests will be denoted and detailed with bullet points.

All categories that I am testing will be judged relative to other speakers I have experience using, including the Sony XB10, JBL Charge 3, UE Boom 2, and Anker Classic speakers.

###Details of my review of the Soundcore Flare Speaker:

1. UNBOXING: I will first detail the unboxing experience, including my initial thoughts on aesthetics and functionality of packaging and design of the speaker and parts that come with it. Based on the packaging of other products from Anker, I don’t think I’ll have any criticisms at this stage.

2. CONNECTIVITY: I will test speed at which the speaker connects to my mobile device or computer.

• Average pairing time with different devices, 10 trials per device, measured in seconds.

3. BLUETOOTH RANGE: I will test the range of the Bluetooth connection of the speaker, through both air and walls.

• Measured in feet from speaker.

4. APP: I will review the Soundcore app, ensuring the user interface is intuitive and functional.

5. VOLUME: I will test the minimum and maximum volume that the device is capable of in various environments, outdoor and indoor, with and without background noise. I will be listening for any sound distortion at high volumes.

• Maximum volume will be measured with a decibel meter installed on a smartphone from a standardized distance of 1 foot.

6. SOUND QUALITY: I will give my opinion on the sound quality of the speaker (testing the clarity at various volumes and locations, including at indoor and outdoor social gatherings), testing with various genres of music as well as podcasts, videos, etc. Genres of music will include electronic, classical (orchestral and opera), jazz, pop, hip-hop, and r&b. Of course, I will be testing the BassUp Mode that is advertised. I will listen for clear representation of different instruments within music, lack of artifacts and distortion, and quality of bass, mid, and treble.

7. LIGHTING: I will test the visibility of the lighting system on the bottom of the Flare in both sunny and dark conditions, as well as give comments on the aesthetic value of such a system.

8. BATTERY LIFE: I will test the battery life of the speaker, running it at a realistically high volume for as long as it will last.

• The battery is stated to last 12 hours on a charge. I will run the speaker from full to no charge at both max volume and a volume appropriate for listening alone or with a small group to test this claim.

9. WATERPROOFING: I will test the water resistant qualities of the speaker at various environments including pool and beach (freshwater). I will conduct a submersion test that will far exceed what the speaker is expected to withstand in normal use.

• The test will reflect the speaker’s rating of IPX7, submerging it in water 1 meter deep for 30 minutes. The speaker will be on during this time.

10. SHOCK RESISTANCE: While this applies more to the Motion Q speaker, I will comment on the portability of the speaker and reactivity to bumps and shocks.

• This test will consist of a drop from 2 feet onto a wood floor. Because the Flare speaker is not advertised to be shock resistant in any way, I designed the test to be reflective of normal use.
  • Additionally, I will be transporting the speaker by backpack and strapped to the back of a bike, which will provide for further testing for shock resistance.

###Conclusion
The review will be posted on Amazon, where I presume the most business for Anker is conducted.

I ensure that I will format the review in a clear yet detailed manner and clearly explain the testing methodology to readers, as I have in this proposal.

As both a consumer that has experience using various speakers and headphones and a performer with several years of choral and orchestral experience, I believe I would be a worthy judge of the sound quality of Soundcore speakers. It would be my pleasure to conduct this test and subsequent review on behalf of Anker.

Sincerely,
Degaulle Dai

1 Like

I would test either speaker. No preference. I would do full unboxing, pairing demo, sound test and then give my personal unbiased opinion after at least a week of use. Then I would upload it to my YouTube channel so my loyal viewers and subscribers can check it out!

1 Like

Motion Q
I seen this new line up when I was at Walmart last week and was surprised by the look and feel of the speakers. I reviewed the Soundcore Mini last year on Youtube and I would compare to this speaker and examine first before testing the waterproof making sure it will live up to the test

I would love to test this product because my wife and I love and live music. We have a spotify account as well as youtube account and basically stream music all day every day. We live quite rurally so would love to see how this product would cope with day to day in a rural enviroment, and with a toddler it would get a lot of rough and tumble as we would encourage him to use the speaker also, as technology with little people is great. We would do a video review on its day to day life in and around our family for a few days of a week. I would love to take the Flare for its superior sound output but would feel the Soundcore Motion would probably be better suited to a child as you have designed in a way to be picked up. I would also see how it fares with a mobile battery as well as other charging situations. I would take joy in documentating each product side by side and pros and cons to both in different situations but I understand there is only 10 of each so maybe something you are not looking for currently.

Anyway good luck to all applicants and I hope we see some great reviews for you to take invovation from.

I’m interested in testing the motionQ. I see a lot of replies above about very constrained tests, using tubes of water, bathtubs, etc. That is all wonderful, but I’m sure Anker has gone to a lot of trouble to test with various conditions simulated. They have also tested the sound and unless your an audiophile, there is “good” and “bad” sound performers to most people and they don’t care about a graph showing specific frequencies of output. What I assume you are looking for is what is hard to replicate: real world hours of usage under a wide variety of conditions that people encounter and relating the performance. I am happy to provide that.

Here is the testing environment I can provide (yes, all are on my agenda for the next month):

Locations

• Phoenix, AZ (airports, city and wilderness)
  • Orlando, FL (airports, resorts, and DIsneyworld)
  • Northern, VA (household areas, garage, back yard, deck,)
  • Nag’s Head, NC (the beach, rental house, pool area)

Activities

• Day hiking in the desert
  • Lawn work
  • Relaxing on the deck
  • Back yard BBQ
  • Relaxing on hotel balcony
  • Pool at resorts
  • Hot tubs
  • Working in the garage
  • Sitting on the beach
  • Living areas of the beach house
  • Everything with kids everywhere

The tests should be obvious from the activities, but will include:

• Usage for rock, country, and rap music from phone sources
  • Usage as a speaker for tablet games/cartoons/shows with multiple kids and a single tablet
  • Relentless charging and usage (charing by anker power bank, anker solar cells, wall, car, computer)
  • Packing in backpacks, duffel bags, checked luggage, carry on luggage, road travel, hiking
  • Kids using it everywhere
  • Usage in water, high humidity, low humidity, high heat, sand dirt, ocean water, pool water, rain, sun
  • usage with over a dozen phones of different manufactures and android versions

These are the tests that expose the things people care about. It’s great to have results of a controlled environment, but for reviews, it is boring and people have a hard time relating.

I’ll post the review on Amazon because seriously, that is where EVERYONE is buying. I’ll provide a long review with details for all I provided above, but with the results of course. Review will be listed with photos because those are the reviews people want to see.

I would love to test the Flare.

Thanks for this opportunity and your consideration for me being a part of your Testing program. Please see my test plan and social media dissemination plan.

1. I would test the Flare on multiple platforms such as phones and tablets (Apple and Android) to test adding it to a device. This would be a confirmation of ease of connectivity.

2. Also I would test to see how much of distance I can move from the Flare before losing connectivity to my bluetooth device.

3. I would also test getting the Flare wet and verifying the same functionality. (Volume/Power/Connectivity/Lights)

4. I would do a blind test with others and compare the Flare sound to other speakers.

Following the results of my test plan, I will post my review on Amazon and post my review to Twitter.

Thanks.

I would LOVE to test the Motion Q, or the Flare if the spots for the Motion Q are all chosen.

I run a beach volleyball group and music keeps everyone energetic throughout the day. We typically have four courts set up near each other but only a single speaker pointed inward from one of the sides.

The Testing
While I wouldn’t expect a single speaker to cover the range of 4 entire volleyball courts, I would like to test and compare the effectiveness of placing the Motion Q in the middle of 2 courts versus our current setup options of our Soundcore Bluetooth Speaker placed along the side of the other 2 courts, as well as in the middle of the 2 courts pointed upward.
Of course, no day at the beach is complete without some cooldown time in the water, this speaker will definitely be going in with me for a little dunk test!

Secondary Test - Battery Life testing. I typically play from early noon until dark, the Motion Q is rated for a 10 hour playtime (12 Hours for the Flare) which is right around how long I spend out there, so I can be sure the music can be enjoyed the entire time out there without having to pull out the external chargers.

I would post my review on all of my social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) for friends to see!

Some of the newcomers have really good ideas / plans for testing the devices. Makes my entry seem like a waste of time :joy:

4 Likes

I was thinking the same. Hope they get picked and do some fab reviews.

2 Likes

I’d love to test the Flare! I’m going to use it at work in my warehouse area and at home in my bed room. If picked I plan on leaving a review on Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, and also YouTube . My aucustical taste are very eclectic. I love almost all genres of music at once. I can go from bach to beach boys, from Megan trainer to Tchichoskie …from Europe to ‘Africa’ {Toto}… I will put your audio drivers through all the hi’s and lows and will be completely truthful about tone, quality, clarity and depth of sound.i will state ease of set up, pairing issues if any as well as give any unexpected pluses or minuses to your product.

I would prefer the Flare, but would be happy to test the Motion Q as well.

I would test against the Amazon Tap in the office, while working on the house, and working in the yard. This will include a comparison of setup and control between the two manufacturers.

I would further test in the shower, at the beach, at the pool, and out in the rain.

1 Like

Forgot to mention the obvious review too, Amazon.

1 Like

Good luck to everyone who entered! :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

Liking the new profile picture @joshuad11

2 Likes