Warranty denied because of outside source

I was told after 5 emails requesting proof of sale and serial number which I did provide to support. Theyvwanted me to go away but i fufilled all requests from support. The final statement was it is not covered by warranty because of outside source. I purchased this 525 charging which is plugged into the wall and i had an electrical surge. They will not cover by warranty. So what do you do with product which is meant to be plugged to be covered by warranty. It is 6 months old. It is meant to be plugged in outlet with their 6 foot cables and they will not honor warranty.

Pleas we tell me what is outside source. Thank you
Stufe

I’m assuming it was purchased from a non-authorized retailer.

List of retailers are here (not just United States):
https://us.anker.com/pages/wheretobuy

Where did you purchase it?

I would contact them one more time to get a better explanation of that term.

If it was me, I would think the outside source would have been the electric surge but this would just be an assumption.

It was something outside the device that caused the issue vs the device having faulty wiring. (Assuming). The other option would be check with your home insurance if it was the surge (being an outside source) but they may say it was out of their realm as well.

@AnkerOfficial, I know you run the powerhouse stuff on FB. I think this may be a good topic for that group as I do not know if the larger powerhouses have surge protection built in them and would need to plan to use a surge protector to help reduce damage. (I know my gas one has that feature)

I’m sure there is a fuse built in to protect the device against
such short circuits and overvoltage .

1 Like