Want the New SOLIX C-series Power Station?

Introducing our newest SOLIX product: The C1000. Naturally, we’re offering Early Bird pricing on this beast of a baby power station.

This is a product designed for camping, so It’s small, making it supremely portable. It’s got HyperFlash, so it charges at an extraordinary speed. I’ve been asked if it would work as a portable power solution for the eBike user, and I honestly don’t know. It’s small, and it’s light, but it’s also relative.

Specs:

• 1056 watt hours
  • 26.5 pounds (12kg)
  • Dimensions: 14 inches x 8 inches x 11 inches (376mm x 205 mm x 280 mm)
  • Solar input: 600 watts
  • Fully charge it (via AC) in less than an hour

Another differentiator for Anker with the C1000 is the expansion battery. Yes, double the power to more than 2,000 wh.

If you sign up for Early Bird pricing, you’ll get a coupon in the mail as soon as C1000 is available onsite. That coupon will also be applicable to the expansion battery bundle.

Sign up if only for the giveaways. (You’re already getting our email, right?) Prize winners will be announced Sept. 6 and prizes include a Nebula Capsule, Anker 548 Power Bank/Camp Lamp and the 40L EverFrost cooler.

Interested in your thoughts. If you have a SOLIX device, how could this unit fit within your stack? If you don’t own one, is this enticing enough for you?

4 Likes

This honestly looks like the perfect size/weight/performance ratio. The available wattage will allow the ability to power just about any small/medium appliance for a short period of time; but have enough watt hours to be useful for a sustained amount of time for lower wattage applications.

I have the Anker F1200 1229Wh unit from July. It is to solve a possible issue with power outages probably in the winter here in UK, as we (as a country) have not invested enough in energy supply. The most likely outage is the “load shedding” type rolling 3 hours, which in the worst case scenario is alternative 3 hour outages so I’m most keen on fast recharging to recharge quickly when power returned to then ride through the next outage.

I benchmarked my F1200 in the summer hottest day, to stress test it in the worst situation of outage when hot, it lasted about 28 hours pass-thru to my freezer.

There’s no way I’d go from 1229Wh to 1056Wh, the limiting factor of usefulness for me is Wh.

The recharge is fast, but it is so powerful it can trip the power breaker at the fuse box. Did you know that? Owners be aware you can’t simply buy one of these types of units and ignore outages, you have to “nurse” it through the power supply return.

My ask of Anker is to do more stress-testing internally of real power outage. Like APC does. My APC unit has less stored energy, but works flawlessly as I flick power off/on simulating an outage, while the Anker product is more temperamental. It appears Anker never tested real-world situations?

I bought and then returned an earlier Anker product as it’s surge Watts wasn’t enough, it was turning itself off too easily, the F1200 passed that test. But it emphasises my point - Anker has to put less “power” in the hands of marketing and more into the hands of the rich diversity of real people living in the real world.

anybody check TOC?

UK only?

:thinking:

It will be available in the UK, EU, and North America.

I had a chance to play around with one this weekend. It’s not extremely heavy – we’ve been saying 26 pounds, but it’s actually 28. It’s a really nice size for the power, too. And 2400 watts of surge!!! Cool.

I saw some photos on FB, looks like the ideal size, especially with the external battery. If you see any real-world reviews please send them our way, it looks like a great product.

1 Like

for sure. I think that’s what this core forum user here appreciates most: Real world scenario. Until it’s on sale 9/25, however, I don’t think we’ll have any of those “raw” images and videos. But yea, as I see them, I’ll share them here … yes, even if they’re posted in the Facebook group:)

1 Like

The lack of real life reviews is the biggest concern.

There’s many ways to solve it.

You could offer a review where unit is free and after a review period they either return for no cost or can buy at a discount.

Currently the real life reviews are only from those who already had a perfectly matched problem, or more commonly, they give a superfluous positive review to then ask you to click their Amazon affiliate link.

I’ve had to buy a unit (not this product) to test myself due to lack of reviews and then return it for refund, wasting everyone’s time due to lack of decent honest in-depth real life reviews.

Not so easy to solve. Consider this: We make very few at first, so the first few we get off the manufacturing line really matter to sales. We’re more likely to send that first phase of the product to users who can evangelize our message on the product. That drives sales.

I would like to see us share more product at phase two (not an industry or Anker term) to users with real-life experience who also are great testers. They could help us reach other customers like them. I’m not so sure that the average user is invested enough in outcomes and output to watch a lengthy tester video. However, I do think there’s value in promoting the product at that level with smaller, tighter groups.

Will we do that? I don’t know. I don’t think there’s much eagerness to give away more product than we already are.

That’s just my perspective. I do take your point, @professor. I am definitely interested in more detailed product experiences even if I don’t have them myself. I do see value there. I am conditioned as a marketer to seek the “biggest bang for the buck.”

1 Like

Hey Juliette,

I’d have to respectfully disagree with this statement, at least from a blanket view. I believe this really comes down to the personality of the potential customer and/or the buying power they have.

For instance; some people are highly technical and want to know how a device performs. Others shop for “bang for their buck”, others reliability, among a lot of other reasons. The other side is impulse buying. For some, that is $5 USD, $50, $500, etc. Influencers can drive sales, no question, but I would imagine the higher the price of the device, the more research and use cases will be sought out. The more well reviewed a device is, the more that the “itch” is going to be scratched by someone looking for a specific piece of information or use case before clicking that buy button.

I may or may not watch a 10 minute video on a $7 cable; but you better believe I will for anything $50+.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing your opinions and being active in this forum!

2 Likes

Love it! You know I love a “respectful disagreement.” That’s where growth and perspective live!

I can’t completely disagree with you. I think you’re exactly right that when we look at customer personas we have to consider that there are different buyer types … and they don’t all look like that one person on the marketing team.

I see it in the SOLIX Facebook group a lot: They just want a solution. There is so much overwhelm in this relatively new area of home power. They know what they want, but have little time or sense of how to get it. For those buyers, influencers pretty much answer the question.

But when I think about the difference between this forum and the Facebook groups, it’s clear (SO CLEAR) to me that the buyers who are most comfortable here are the very type you describe – they want the detail. They want the knowledge. They already have a base to build on.

I – for now – am more like the former. I strive to be the latter.

That leads me to think about how I can support the buyers’ journeys. I’m with you – a 10 minute video on a cable? Pass. But for a $500 or $1500 device? I’m going to need the foundation so I can make a buying decision that is truly suitable for my use case.

I think a lot about how to do these three things:

1. Inform people about products we’re releasing (and predicting their questions even as product specs and details trickle in to me)
  2. Educate people about the product that fits their need (which often means helping them define their need, very common in the Facebook groups)
  3. Delivering valuable content that drives sales (that truly solve a problem)

So this has me thinking about a testing program in a different way. (Don’t get excited – that’s a bit of an uphill budget fight for now – timing with that will be EVERYTHING)

Thank YOU for being active and engaging and respectfully challenging on this forum. You cannot know how much I appreciate the time you put into sharing your thoughts.

The honor of being part of this community is all mine.

2 Likes