Wall charger with PowerCore 26800?

Hi,

Which wall charger do you guys recommend to use with the PowerCore 26800 with dual input ports? I will be using this wall charger only for the PowerCore 26800 and use both ports for dual charging. I was looking at the PowerPort 2 Ports 24W with PowerIQ, but am not sure if that is the correct product because there is also a PowerPort Elite 2 and PowerPort II 2 that look and sound exactly alike. I am just very confused. Guidance is appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Like

You can use any charger that can output 5v 2A on each port. But personally I would recommend This

3 Likes

So there are currently 3 Powerport 2 you can buy on Amazon, which look and sound very similar because they are nearly identical, perform the same, and just vary in size. I have all 3 of them, two of the three models are on Anker’s site.

The original Powerport 2 was perfectly fine, but Anker later said it sparked when pulling from socket (mine never did), and their answer was the Powerport 2 Elite which was larger. They then shrunk it back down, smaller than the 2nd model (Elite) and smaller than the original, so they then have the Powerport II 2.

These are electronically, performance wise, identical as far as I am concerned, they both give out 5V 2.4A out of both ports to get to 24W which after losses in cables and ports means it can feed the 26800 at 20W maximum.

So comes down to price, any Anker Powerport 2 you can see if you do not care about size just performance and cost then pick the lowest cost. If they were the same price then I’d go with the most recent, the Powerport II 2, purely on the fact is the physically smallest, slightly smaller than the original but noticeably smaller than the middle version Elite version.

This is it on Anker’s own site:

And I have no clue why they kept the 2nd version the Elite on their site, it is simply bigger, that’s all for the same performance.

@elmo41683 why did you link to the 2nd model the Elite? There has never been explained an advantage of it.

2 Likes

I didn’t really give it thought aside from the fact that if it’s soley going to be used to charge the battery pack then I assumed size didn’t matter.

2 Likes

That’s the one I would go with, I may actually have that same one. I need to check when I get home (its been sitting my backup gear for about 6 months and haven’t opened it)

1 Like

Thank you all. You have been a great help.

1 Like

Does the PowerPort Speed 2 charge the 26800 with dual input any faster than the PowerPort 2? I have a new PowerCore 26800 Model A1277. Another question do I need to order additional cables or will they be included?

The max input for that battery pack is 5V ⎓ 4A (5V ⎓ 2A Max Per Port)
So no it won’t charge it any faster