Video doorbell T8220 issues

Hi all,

Currently having some issues with the battery wireless doorbell. I started to use it in August of 2023 and it worked for a couple of months without any issues! But currently and last month the doorbell seems to have issues detecting people and sending notifcations. The doorbell uses local storage (via the Chime).

All settings are correct, motion detecting is on it highest and the area of motion detection is still the same. I kind of suspect a software update must caused something. The doorbell didn’t even detect me when leaving the house and when coming to the door, it sometimes doesn’t even respond to any detection if my phone is turned off. I’m kind of confused, it seems like the doorbell goes into a deep sleep and suddenly wakes up my a miracle.

I didn’t purchase the doorbell via Eufy, the seller told me that they can’t repair doorbells and would just return my money if I return the product. I have a Solocam currently in box and I’m unsure if I want to use the Eufy camera if the doorbell has a strange behaviour after a couple of months.

The topic can be deleted, thanks.