Using Anker PowerCore 26800mAh to charge Lenovo Yoga 700 Notebook

Hello,

I got the Anker PowerCore 26800mAh and I’m really happy with it, great power bank for my trips.

I had hopes that the PowerCore 26800 would also be able to charge by notebook, a Lenovo Yoga 700, which has a USB port for charging. Or if not charging, just “holding” the power to use the notebook a little longer.

When I connect the PowerCore 26800 to my notebooks charger USB port, nothing happens. Windows does not show the battery-charging-icon.

The specs of the notebooks power adapter are as follows:

• Lenovo AC Adapter
  • Model: ADL65WDC
  • Input: 100V-240V~1.5A, 50-60Hz
  • Output: 20V / 3.25A -or- 5V / 2.0A

I do not have much electrical engineering knowledge, so I do not know if this is a dump question, but might it work if I use a Y-USB-cable so I can use two charger-ports on my Anker PowerCore at the same time and it may charge the notebook?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Your laptop requires 40w Input to properly charge it.
Unfortunately Non of Ankers 26800 batterypacks can provide this power output, the closest you will get is 30w power delivery via USB-C.

5 Likes

I believe @elmo41683 is correct.

1 Like

Y-USB cable, in my opinion, would probably not work, but you should definitely try contacting Anker directly for more information. This power bank, also, isn’t meant to be used for higher-power consuming device, just something more like phones (most tablets will charge with this, but it isn’t recommended by me, unless you really need it) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even if he used a Y-cable it wouldn’t work as at most this would provide 24w between both ports which is still significantly less than the required 40w

2 Likes

Yep, I completely didn’t see that. @CharlesS, that confirms it, you shouldn’t use a Y-usb cable.

1 Like

Hey guys, thanks a lot for your answers! Now I understand why the notebook isn’t charging. But that’s ok for me, apart from this, I’m really happy with the Anker power bank.

Thank you!

1 Like

No problem! :slight_smile:

1 Like