USB Hub for Dell XPS 1330 (2018 model)

Hello,

I’m looking for a usb-c hub for my Dell XPS 1330 (9370 model). 2018 model.
Need standard USB, HDMI and Ethernet.
I’ve already buy another hub but HDMI doesn’t work with the new Dell XPS…
(USB port was working, but not HDMI)

Does anyone have already bought a Hub-C Dell with HDMI and tried it with Dell XPS ???

Thank you for your help !!
GG

1 Like

USB 2 vs 3?

USB 3.0.
The most important is HDMI.
I bought a hub-C on amazon but HDMI port was not working with the new Dell 1330… :frowning2:
I’m looking for some other experience.

Good luck. Sorry cannot help.

USB 3 means in hardware you’re likely good. In software however…

I’d reach into your laptop’s forums and check for software. e.g. equivalent Thinkpad F keys.

What about the following;

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Premium-Adapter-Ethernet-ChromeBook/dp/B071G83L1J

Perhaps @AnkerOfficial or @AnkerTechnical can confirm if it would be compatible…

1 Like

dell d3100 dock doesn’t work? we use this at work

also kensington makes one as well https://www.amazon.com/Kensington-SD4700P-Display-Delivery-K38240NA/dp/B079RS5YTK

1 Like

Thank you ! Yes, if you can confirm please. :slight_smile:
(I bought another brand and get confirmation after that It was not compatible with the 2018 release of Dell 1330 (was working with 2017 model…).
I’m looking at this model too : https://www.anker.com/products/variant/7-in-1-premium-usb-c-hub-adapter/A83430A1

Thank you for your reply. I look at them, but found them a bit expensive for personal use :neutral_face:

Update : I bought a Anker Hub-C 7-in-1 (100W model). Works fine with my Dell XPS 13 (2018 model 9370). HDMI and USB port are working fine.
I have to find a way to make Power Delivery work. Dell needs 45W but when I plug the Dell power supply in the hub, it doesn’t charge the laptop. Do I need a more powerfull power supply ? (Hub needs 20W to work).
Thank you !

correct

So if you take the laptop’s supplied charger, the hub is deliverying less to the laptop than it was designed to need. So you’ll either need a laptop tolerant of lower power or buy a more powerful charger, ideally 20W higher.

Thank you !

The challenge you will have is a wall charger gets so heavy it falls out of the socket at the slightest nudge, so you’re probably looking at a desktop charger.

20+45=65W so you’re ideally looking at 65W. You may be able to get by with a little less but that’s more trial’n’error.

Anker sells this 60W charger which is a wall charger, so given you’re going to connect it to a hub you need to be in a physical situation the power won’t get knocked. What I would do ensure also you get a good warranty support, further down if it does not work, is email support@anker.com with a precise question. Something like “if I use this charger with this hub with this laptop, will the laptop charge?” then if you buy it and it doesn’t you built your argument for a return.

Your laptop has 3 USB-C ports so I’m wondering if TWO chargers might work, one to power hub, one to power laptop?

Hello,
Sorry for the long delay to thank you for your answer.
Yes, I think it should be a better idea to go with 2 chargers, one for each…
I didn’t find a reliable 65W power supply.
GG