USB error when connecting Power Wave Stand to docking station

Hi folks.

I have bought a Power Wave QI stand. When connecting this device to my Windows Laptop (running Windows 10) dockingstation all other connected devices (keyboard, mouse) stop working!! There is an error in the system control panel showing that a connected USB device did not work correctly. Only a restart without connecting the Power Wave stand makes all devices operate again. Nothing which helped so far.

Is this a known issue? While connecting it to my Laptop is not the preferred way to operate this device it shouldn’t break it!?

Computer Laptop USB ports or the docking station ports do not provide sufficient power for the Power Wave stand.

power Wave stand requires Input of 5V-2A / 9V-2A.

Also it is documented on product page not to use Apple’s 5V / 1A stock charger or a computer’s USB port to power your Anker wireless charger.

Will suggest you get a Quick Charge 3.0, Anker 18W 3Amp USB Wall Charger to charge the Power Stand.

1 Like

Exactly what @Shenoy says :arrow_up:
Needs more power :electric_plug:

Well ok, I totally understand that more power is required and it works fine with a dedicated wall charger. But in my opinion it should not render a docking station totally useless. I used other wireless fast charger (Nanami) which worked fine being connected to my laptop.

I am.not sure of or cannot comment on Non-Anker brands here.

All I can say is, Docking Station port will not provide the required power for PowerWave stand and hence will not charge

You may contact Support@anker.com for more guidelines on this Power Stand.

Ok, thanks for your support! :slight_smile:

D13AE510-971D-4903-8054-5073ABAA2EF1

1 Like

Hope you get positive response from Anker support. Do keep us posted on their response.