[New Release] PowerExpand 8-in-1 | Anker's First Hub with Dual HDMI Ports Now Available!

Announced last October, Anker has finally released its first hub with dual HDMI ports… Take a look at PowerExpand+ 8-in-1!

Features & details

• The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
  • Massive Expansion: Equipped with a USB-C port, 2 USB-A data ports, 2 HDMI ports, an Ethernet port, and a microSD/SD card reader, giving you an incredible range of functions—all from a single USB-C port.
  • Dual HDMI Display: Stream or mirror content to a single device in stunning 4K@60Hz, or hook up two displays to both HDMI ports in 4K@30Hz.
  • Power Delivery Compatible: Compatible with USB-C Power Delivery to provide high-speed pass-through charging up to 85W.
  • What You Get: PowerExpand 8-in-1 USB-C PD Media Hub, travel pouch, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.
  • Product Dimensions: 4.7 * 2 * 0.7 inches

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerExpand 8-in-1 is available to order now from amazon.com for $59.99 and should begin shipping on June 2.

Do you have a need for dual HDMI ports? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

Note: A fabric version should be coming soon:

page32image45752976

10 Likes

This must be a massive hub! At first I thought the HDMI were micro HDMI!

Do you have the exact dimensions?

1 Like

Of course I do! :smile:

4.7 * 2 * 0.7 inches

1 Like

Hope it’s available soon in Canada too !

1 Like

I recall a user having issue with the small print of what the hub consumes for itself.

Precision of what is max USB-PD input, the power the hub consumes itself, and so the USB-PD output, would be recommended for lower user error.

As for hubs, you may recall my view if a user needs a hub they bought the wrong laptop.

1 Like

No information on Canada yet, sorry.

1 Like

This can output at least 87W.

Which? 100W or 87W output? I think you must have meant 100W input and 87W output so it consumes 13W for itself?

1 Like

At least 87W, possibly up to 100W.

What’s the difference between the two extended desktop modes where it says No for Mac OS X

1 Like

The first one has the two external desktops mirrored (same image, so effectively only two screens), while the third has three different images.

The one in the middle is a bit silly, I don’t understand why it is highlighted at all. Effectively that says it is only as good as a single port output for most uses with Mac OS X. For my purposes anyway.

@Insider when are we getting one that has actual, fully functional Display port for true 4K @ 60 Hz? Better yet if it is a USB-C Output that supports that protocol over USB-C, and the 5K resolution / daisy chain DisplayPort options. Then we are talking about a full featured dock replacement. The prevalence of 4K @30Hz in most affordable options is the biggest reason I am still using a 1440p @ 60Hz display instead of going up.

1 Like

What is your laptop?

Right now, a dell latitude e5570. Has a tb3 port, but not USB-C PD. I was due for an upgrade to a 5501 with PD charging, but given the situation those are on hold for a few months.

1 Like

Maybe PowerExpand+ 7-in-1 Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock? But then again, it is a dock.

2 Likes

I remember seeing that in the CES announcements here - is it coming soon now?

That picture you provide out of CES is basically all of the information we have - I am not clear on what ports are on the other side of that dock to add up to 7 (I can see 5), what the USB-C PD rating on that connection is (I will probably need at least 90W, possibly the full 100), or what the price will be.

There is also Anker PowerExpand Elite 13-in-1 Thunderbolt 3 Dock that you posted about back in January. It has more details and looks promising except for that 85W power limitation, but Q1 2020 is passed and I haven’t heard anything more.

1 Like

Probably delayed due to COVID–19.

1 Like

Another great product

2 Likes

Hope it’s only delayed and not shelved

1 Like

Me too… Not that I need it, but just for you guys!

1 Like

Given wishing cannot alter reality, only its perception, what is the workaround here? We cannot make the product occur any faster by any words we type here (this is a marketing site not a product manager site) , what can we do?

Is there a competitor product?

Can you build this from other existing Anker products? I think you probably can. I don’t really have any Windows or Mac devices but I know Linux and I know I can under X windows have multiple independent X window servers and from one application server send a window to another X server. Each of those X servers can have their own HDMI. So I can make as many HDMI displays as targets for windows. In Linux I just use application DISPLAY=IP:device