Unveiling eufy’s mystery product - eufy EverCam now live on Kickstarter!

If the community is growing bigger, we will consider increase the number of administrators in the future.:grin:

3 Likes

As long as you can cope with us all :grin:

How many active members in the last month?
How big is the community?

1 Like

Every home should have Cameras

It’s look great and full quality, but I cannot buy it now because I haven’t my own house now hahahaha

Yes!!! We are planning to make a Doorbell Camera, you can keep an eye out for it!:grin:

4 Likes

You can guess.:smiley_cat:

1 Like

Lol. I’d say about 200 max. You don’t see many individual names on here.

1 Like

I just backed it with the 2-Point Special, can’t wait!! :heart_eyes_cat:

I want to buy this but i will wait for 4k. Don’t know why 1080P.

Honestly, sure 4k would be good but why?

1080p security cameras still provide excellent high-definition video, requires less storage, and doesn’t require you to overhaul your entire infrastructure to support it because it’s more compatible with standardized technology (your smartphone, computer screen, etc.) than 4K is.
Yes, sure 4k is new and will eventually become the standard but why? Unless your entire system is for 4K and you have the storage to back it up, I see no point in transitioning to 4k until prices come down and it becomes the norm standard

2 Likes

have you ever played with ffmpeg recoding?

If I am prepared to accept a computationally intensive processing, I can reduce the file size by about 2x-3x of a video which looks just as good quality. The slower than real-time recoding is the limiting factor, if you were to stream at low-compression to a powerful server it can then recode to keep video longer term which is smaller.

ffmpeg -nostdin -y -i "$input" -preset medium -crf 27 -c:a copy -c:v libx264 "$output"

3 Likes

i agree with you!

This makes me happy. Like SUPER HAPPY!

Is there any plan or even a stretch goal to have this working with SmartThings? While this does have some features that make it better than the Arlo camera’s, I shouldn’t need to go into two different apps to arm (automatically or otherwise) my security system. In my current scheme, I would only consider this for the one outdoor camera that I leave armed at all times.

Why can we no longer see the Users page?

1 Like

EverCam has reached their $2M stretch goal on KickStarter!

1 Like

I encourage EUFY to consider these accessories.

1. Screw-in mount for out doors
  2. Silicone covers - would do several colors, a small brim would prevent water on the lens
  3. USB charging cable at different lengths that fits in the waterproof slot and an outdoor charger
  4. IFTTT integration with a host of devices. Would target the biggies first samsung, alexa, google, apple, wink etc.

Future directions
The door bell without subscriptions as a standalone device and a 16 to 24 VAC supplied device are the next products to develop. The ring door bell has much to be desired. The nest costs too much.

Perhaps extension of the hub to do zwave, zigbee, wifi, alexa etc home automation with an open API like the samsung platform

2 Likes

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

From now on EverCam will be referred to as eufyCam:

So there will be a change we need to make. Because EverCam was already registered in one of the countries we later expanded this campaign to, EverCam will be renamed to eufyCam. All uses of EverCam will be changed to eufyCam on the campaign page. Only the name of the product will change and nothing else in this crowdfunding project will be impacted.

:slight_smile: