"Unable to connect to application server." and phone and chat supports are down... What the flying f***?

At which point you would be best emailing support@eufylife.com if the live chat and support by phone are not an option. At least by logging you have it on record and should be provided an explanation as to the issue. Rarely does Eufy support comment on here however you could try on the dedicated community here:

https://communitysecurity.eufylife.com/new

Just tried and yes I am able toā€¦

Iā€™ve contacted support and received a standard reply that they will get back to me in 24hrs.
I donā€™t understand why I got booted off the app and now canā€™t even log back in to check live camera. Very frustrating.

2 Likes

Just received two new eufy Security Indoor Cam 2K today. Went to login and I get the ā€œService Unavailable 503ā€ error. Not a good startā€¦ Support email just says someone will reply in the 24hrs.

2 Likes

Yup, just got my setup today too and canā€™t do a thing with it. If this is a frequent problem it may be time to return and choose a different brand

2 Likes

Ignoring the camera aspect of the application.
Within the Eufy Android application I can not access system messages (Their Spam messages saying buy our new products) It spits out the same message.

Connected to servers within the UK, Londonā€¦Manchester.
Tokyo.
Chicago.

This has nothing to do with my location nor my cameras. The app itself canā€™t connect regardless of region.

This feels like you as a moderator trying to say MOVE ALONG NOTHING TO SEE.

2 Likes

This is ridiculous!! Servers are down! I canā€™t watch live view, events or call support. Great ā€œSecurityā€ Eufy! Way to go. Congrats. You really give me so much piece of mind knowing that your servers might go down at any time and I may not be able to see what is happening around my property

1 Like

Itā€™s back.

@AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical what the heck is going on

Yes it just came back for me

Either do your research, and if it doesnā€™t do as advertised, then return, or build your own.

Example alternative

I knew Anker uses servers, I had the concern that before the camera gets end of life, Anker make the service billable (cost increase). I also have concerns there is no reason Anker cannot see all the images, not necessarily deliberately but say if theyā€™re hacked.

Also as a qualified cloud architect, there are very few good reasons for server down.

2 Likes

Was waiting for that responseā€¦

Iā€™m a moderator of the forum not the companyā€¦having a venting session on here does not help resolve your issue and as I stated I was able to connect on my own camerasā€¦and now it appears others can alsoā€¦

I got the same error but it is okay now. It looks like the cameras did record events I just wasnā€™t able to access them while the server was down. Right now I have a doorbell, eufy 2 and a 2C.

1 Like

I still canā€™t get the homebase 2 setup. Stuck on a red light even though the network and everything related is working properly

I just purchased a 2C system today and was attempting to install it just as the server issue came up. Is this a common occurrence with this product for the servers to go down?

Have you been able to get your new equipment to register?

Once it connected I managed to connect 1 camera. It had issues with the 2nd camera part way through the process but now seems connected. The live stream sometimes is working, and at other times seems to hang. I also occasionally am getting a 503 error so maybe everything isnā€™t completely back up yet.

1 Like

Since having mine (around 16 months) Iā€™ve seen a server issue occur about 3 times (may have been more but not that I had noticed)ā€¦twice was a matter of minutes, the other several hoursā€¦

I am now having issues trying to add my 3rd camera. :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah, iā€™m back to 503 errors trying to log into the app

2 Likes