"Unable to connect to application server." and phone and chat supports are down... What the flying f***?

Sadly believe that is correct. I recently purchased the video doorbell, and I did so because I didnt have to rely on a subscription service (aka Ring), It did everything I needed without a need for anyone else. I was not correct in my thinking.

So once your system goes down, and you trouble shoot the crap out of it, and realize it’s not you, then you turn to the forum which you will find everyone really upset their service is in fact, down. :frowning:

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:I cannot believe it! Servers down already again!!! 2 out of 5 days of installation server outages. This crap is going back to amazon. I hate to return products but this is beyond bad. Never trust eufyQ

Eufy makes it appear as if their system was locally accessible at all times and without a subscription but it is absolutely not. Another unnecessary landfill product. THE WORST. Will be returning all eufy products for a full refund :-1::-1::-1:

I can currently live view my 2 cams (over wifi and 4g), but I cannot access the events today. How can that be? If I can view live, shouldn’t I be able to view the events? Received and installed 2 days ago. A firmware update pushed when I installed it. It worked fine until an hour or so ago.

I’m glad someone finally said something back been getting frustrated. I did an app update this morning on my iPhone and thought that the update did something where I couldn’t access my videos. Please fix this soon as I’m expecting more deliveries today and already missed one and couldn’t answer the doorbell.

1 Like

We know this is super frustrating and we are working hard to get everything back up and working. We designed the Eufy App to connect to your security devices from anywhere (in the home and when your out and about). Because of this, the App does need the server up and running to access recorded video (Events). We will be providing detail as soon as we can know more. In the meantime, again, know we plan to learn from this to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

We are sorry for this. Our team is working to get our servers back up. Although your footage is saved locally, the App needs to be able to talk to the devices so you can see recorded footage both in the house and when you are out of the house. Because of this, the App does need the server up and running to access recorded video (Events). Live video doesn’t store video, so isn’t being impacted by the down server. We will be back soon more more as soon as we know more.

We are on it!

I wish we could say something to change your mind, and give us another chance. But we understand this is frustrating and that we need to fix this problem. We need to do better! We will be providing updates as soon as we get them.

Yes, this is super frustrating. Apologies don’t help a lot right now, I know, but please know we are trying to fix this as fast as we can – and learn from these mistakes so we sure this doesn’t happen again. What we can promise, is doing better to communicate. We can do better, and we will. (Eric on Behalf of Eufy Security).

2 Likes

We 100% agree. We dropped the ball on communicating as we focused our attention on fixing problem. We can do better and appreciate you taking time to post here. We will provide more detail on this outage soon! (Eric on behalf of Eufy Security)

Hang on, that’s unfair.

If you see above I am critical, but there is no subscription you have to pay for. This is just bad architecture.

You also get what you pay for. They have stated they store only metadata centrally not data, which explains the cost and no monthly fee.

The service requires centrally servers to access your local data. They didn’t have to architect it that way.

2 Likes

We know this is really frustrating. We are working to figure this out and will be back soon.

We 100% agree. Our communications was terrible. That we can fix NOW while our teams work to fix the server-side issues. On behalf of Eufy Security team, we promise to do better! (Eric on behalf of Eufy Security)

1 Like

Shit you guys are lucky you can view your cameras…

nothing pops up for me anymore. Day 3 with these and two days the servers have been down.

We are getting reports from product team that servers are slowly coming back up. There may be intermittent problems for a bit. Please refresh your app from time to time to see if things reappear.

We are getting reports from our product team that servers are slowly coming back up online. There may be some intermittent issues with connectivity, but please refresh your app from time to time as you should soon reconnect to app and video events.

It does appear to be back up and working. I can get notifications and I am able to see events again.

1 Like

THIS IS A PROBLEM, ANKER.

1 Like