Unable to connect Roav with wifi

Hi,
on September 07 2017, after ordering a new car that I received only today, I purchased on Amazon the Roav dashcam model R2110-EU

Hi,
on September 07 2017, after ordering a new car that I received only today, I purchased on Amazon the Roav dashcam model R2110-EU

From yesterday I have finally my new car and iopened for the first time the DashCam package; I tried to connect the Roav dashcam with the app ROAV my iPhone 8; the iPhone see the dash cam with his SSID: Roav_DashCam_9bb3 but the wi-fi password: goroavcom is not recognized as valid.

I tried to connect another 2 devices always getting a invalid connection.

I bought other Anker products and I have never had problems, that’s why I have not tested the product until today. I’m sorry for throwing some money. Can you help me solve the problem?

Thanks.

The password to be entered should be goroavcam not goroavcom.
Please try again using the password goroavcam

3 Likes

Contact support@roav.com for help. Or go to goroav.com and do Live Chat with them. Are you sure you have the right password? Could it be goroav? Hope you get this straightened out.

Yes the password goroavcam is correct and it appeared on the Roav’s display. I tried goroav but it was wrong.

Nice I hope that this was your only issue.

Hi @roberto.marano,

Did you solved your problems after getting the correct password?

When I try to turn on the wifi it shuts off in 5 seconds and turns one resetting its settings to default but still no wifi. Help