The Joys Of More Battery Life

In the age of the smartphone, we have become tethered to our phones; they control every aspect of our lives. We willingly adapt our lifestyle to run off the schedule of our smartphone’s battery .

Back when cell phones were just portable telephones, battery life lasted for days; it was impossible to drain the battery dry in one day, no matter how hard you tried. As cell phones evolved into app-driven smartphones, battery life devolved - battery life decreased exponentially and it became a constant challenge to keep our smartphone alive from sunrise to sunset.

In preparation for this blog, we asked a few of our most loyal fans to participate in a quick survey about battery life.

The following pie chart makes it very clear just how much battery life means to us.

Are you surprised at this number? It’s almost as if our phones running out of battery is akin to us running out of oxygen to breath or water to quench our thirst. Perhaps we feel the ultimate level of anxiousness when trying to book an Uber before a date with 1% battery left!

This picture perfectly sums up how our needs have evolved in the modern age.

By using Anker portable chargers, the time has come to have absolute freedom with when and how we use our smartphones. It’s time use them to their full potential by enhancing our lives.

We asked “Can you give us a story of how portable chargers have changed your lives?” and the testimonials emphasize how beneficial portable chargers have been for everyday life. Whether it’s empowering helicopter parents with the ability to watch over you, even from afar, to keeping you connected in dangerous environments, portable chargers do good things for us everyday.

● “Phone batteries save my life. When I used to work 12 hours shifts, my parents would worry that they couldn’t get ahold of me…when they came to pick me up after work I would get yelled at, asking why I don’t pick up my phone…” - Sergio Ortega

● “I work unpredictable hours…My work sometimes involves life-or-death situations and communication is critical. I appreciate the confidence in my ability to stay mobile for very long periods of time since I know I can rely on my PowerCore battery packs to keep my devices charged and running.” - Dustin

● “We have four active kids…Without some way of keeping our phones/devices charged this means rationing when we take pictures/videos…With my Anker arsenal, these worries are a thing of the past…our power core is ready should we have an extra special day of memories . We often capture that moment we never would have if we needed to conserve power…Literally… a life changer.” - YardBeatles

Now that you literally hold the power to make your phone work according to your schedule, normalcy can return to your life. As a result, it was only natural to ask “How does the extra battery life empower you?” as the next question. The responses were great!

● “…so ever since I got a phone battery case, the yelling and the worries stopped.” - Sergio Ortega

● “I am able to keep in contact via email, text and calls. Because my business is based on communication, I need to be able to check resources and get information out quickly. The extra battery life helps my day last longer.” - Gary Wapnitsky

● “It makes me worry-free when traveling with a less-than-fully-charged device and removes the tension behind my mind when watching movies or browsing the internet over LTE, which is a battery hog…” - Chandrakanth Shenoy

To finish the survey, we looked towards the future: “What are your expectations of how portable chargers will change in the future?”.

● “Quick wireless charging will be standard.” - Tuan

● “Mobile batteries, once even further compacted in size will be the source of power to more than just phones and mobile devices. I definitely see more products like the Anker Powerhouse but in a more compact format in the not-so-far future. I’ll surely be an early adopter!” - Saad

● “Batteries will only get better thru the years; so will Power Core chargers. Hopefully you can incorporate other natural power to charge it, such as sunlight, or movement.” - reloriaga

We really enjoyed reading these testimonials.
How have portable chargers added battery life to your lifestyle and how do you use that extra juice? We look forward to reading your comments!

9 Likes

I agree battery life is up there in basic human needs at this day and age. The fear of being stranded with no outside connection to the human world is a real one. I can attest to that, this world runs on communication nowadays and having a backup power supply for our electronics is a god send. I don’t go anywhere without my Anker portable batteries.

2 Likes

I agree completely with the “Basic Human Needs” chart! :joy:
It is interesting to think back to when I was younger and there was no WiFi or smartphones, yet now they are essential to everyday life.

3 Likes

This is really cool

2 Likes

Agree 100%. Since I’ve discovered Anker power banks, I don’t leave my house without one. Unfortunately I’m in need of my phone when I’m in a place that I’m unfamiliar with and especially when I need to be in a place that I know I have to wait for hours.

1 Like

Another that agrees here.
Although the past few years I’ve had an Anker, that “itchyness” that comes with the low battery warning no longer bothers me. I’ve always got an Anker or two with me and coupled with rapid charging now, I can go from near empty to near full in 30min easy.

Now I frequently share my Ankers with people I meet and they have low batteries. Be it at seminars, on trains and planes, or at the pub. They are always really surprised that I can charge their phone and not be worried about my phone battery dieing!

1 Like

I agree with what has been said, we have really tied our lives to a smart phone, we can not make decisions without first taking and verifying our life schedule on a telephone.
Personally, it is my case, in many occasions I have gone mad because I ran out of battery and I needed it urgently, today, I do not go outside where I am without carrying an external battery in my bag

1 Like

After I found Anker I haven’t bought portable chargers from anywhere else.:+1::+1::+1::+1::battery::battery::battery:

External battery is becoming a basic human need

Totally agree!

A portable battery has become just as necessary as a case for your phone. I was on a flight 2 days ago and the person’s phone sitting next to me needed a charge. I pulled a portable battery out and bamb, charged phone. Now a portable battery that plugs into the wall? Genius.
I have about 5 batteries of different sizes from a few thousand to 15,000 milli amp hours.

Well I’d say it is even deeper hierarchy.

• Having a device’s internal battery life long enough to cope for 80% of your typical day so its one device no cables no worries for most days
  • For the other 20% of days, having an external battery so you can get through the day without plugging in statically to mains as mains binds you to a spot
  • If that time you are bound to mains happens to be for short time (so not overnight) then you want to recharge the devices and the battery you drained fast, so then its a high wattage output PSU, like a Powerport2/4/5.

In this manner then you are mobile, untethered and when you do tether you can make use of short times.

What I do is I act defensively proactive, if I’m not moving, I’m sat down, if I’m near mains I’ll plug in begin recharging, so to maintain maximum freedom of unknown next hours. If not near mains then I’ll connect battery.

The worst situation is moving with a chain of device with battery, can end badly with cable pulling hard and bending something.

I like the “Basic Human Needs” chart haha!!! :joy::joy::joy:

Ahh the twitching and addiction of smart phones and battery life. :slight_smile:

Anker makes the best charging products that I have ever used!

I keep an Anker Battery Pack in my car and also in my work bag. Never know when you are going to need it and only one brand I trust! Great cables too!

I love quick chargers

1 Like

I’ve been satisfied but not overwhelmed by the charger I purchased for my family. It is nice having the capacity but when it takes forever to charge, I’m unsure if the benefits (large capacity) are worth it.

Anker makes the best charging products that I have ever used!

(:slight_smile: