The Community Christmas Countdown | Delicious Christmas Recipes

My Christmas morning has me doing the Christmas bacon butty.

Fresh sourdough :bread:
Premium smoked bacon 4 or 5 slices each
Organic free range eggs
Chestnut mushrooms.

Bacon, (a cheat) in the oven 180c/gas 5 for 11-13 mins.
Mushrooms, thick slices, fried in BUTTET, with a crack or black pepper for taste
Thick hand scliced bread, butter
Fry eggs in fresh oil.

Place one slice of bread on a plate
Layer up bacon,
Good squeeze of sauce (I have French’s American mustard)
Add mushrooms, and a lil of the juice!
Top of with runny egg, and crack or 2 of pepper
Top slice bread

Pike a knife through bread to break the yolk
No, slice butty in half.

Enjoy

That’s our ubiquitous bacon butty on Christmas morning… It’s my job, as Jane will be doing MOST, not all of the Christmas dinner.

We wash up as we go, and together after dinner.

My favorite Christmas recipe is my grandmas delicious chocolate cake. I dream about it all year!!

So I will say thank you as if you make this, I would think I would win. :slight_smile: But good luck to all.

My wife makes a Dove’s Chocolate pizza. OH YEAH!!!

To make it, you need bake the home made graham cracker crust on a round pan. Once it is done baking pull the hot pan out of the oven. You will then proceed to layer Dove’s chocolates onto the Graham cracker crust. About 1/4 or less distance away from each other (depending on how thick you want the chocolate). After you have placed the chocolates, you will put the pan back into the oven for maybe a min or until the chocolates start to melt and are soft. You will then spread the chocolates together to make one solid chocolate. And Tada… Dove’s Pizza. While it is still hot, you can add any toppings such as nuts, marshmallow or etc. Sit in the refrig to cool. Once cooled, you can slice in pizza slices and enjoy the deliciousness. And before I forget… Merry Christmas to all, if I do not get to say it later.

I LOVE to decorate sugar cookies at Christmas, and this is the absolute best recipe I’ve found for making them. Make sure you chill the dough for at least two hours–it prevents the cookies from spreading in the oven and losing their shape!

2 sticks butter, softened (leave out on the counter for an hour, or microwave for 10 seconds)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp flavoring (I use vanilla extract, but almond extract would work, too!)
1/2 tsp salt (omit if using salted butter)
2 3/4 cups flour

1. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and granulated sugar until “fluffy.” It will lighten in color when ready; about 2-3 minutes.

2. Add the flavoring, mixing until incorporated.

3. Beat in the egg, mixing for approximately 1 minute.

4. Whisk the salt into the flour. Add 1 cup at a time into the sugar/butter mixture, mixing just until incorporated–over-mixing can make the cookies tough! I usually mix for a few seconds with the mixer and then do the rest by hand until the dough comes together.

5. Shape dough into a flattened ball, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 4 days.

6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

7. Dust countertop sparingly with flour. Roll out cookie dough and cut into shapes.

8. Place on ungreased, parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes, until just barely brown around the edges.

9. Transfer to wire rack and cool before decorating.

1 Like

Our favorite is brisket with carrots onions and parsnips braised in 450 dg oven for our Holidays.

I love egg nog, It is only available from Thanksgiving until Christmas so I make my own. I like McCormick’s recipe as it always turns out delicious.
EASY NO COOK EGGNOG
Your holiday visitors will be surprised when they discover that this rich and creamy eggnog requires absolutely no cooking – and you’ll be happy that this no-fail treat can be prepared in less than 5… More
5m
PREP TIME
CALORIES
INGREDIENTS

(5.0 Average) Rate this recipe
SAVE SHARE PRINT
INGREDIENTSPREPARATION REVIEWSRELATED RECIPES
INGREDIENTS 8 (1/2 cup) Servings
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
1 cup egg substitute
1 cup vanilla ice cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground
1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Rum Extract

KEY PRODUCTS

Previous
McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
MCCORMICK® PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground
MCCORMICK® NUTMEG, GROUND
McCormick® Rum Extract
MCCORMICK® RUM EXTRACT

Next
NUTRITION INFORMATION (PER SERVING)

CALORIES
8g
TOTAL FAT
25mg
CHOLESTEROL
85mg
SODIUM
9g
CARBOHYDRATES
0g
FIBER
5g
PROTEIN
PREPARATION
Place all ingredients in blender container; cover. Blend 1 minute or until well mixed.

Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.

2 Likes

Crock Pot Lasagna
Use your regular lasagna recipe.
Start with the sauce and layer as you would otherwise
DO NOT COOK NOODLES (I use Penne Pasta instead of lasagna noodles, because it doesn’t come out pretty, anyway)
Top layer should be sauce, again.
Cook on low 4.5-5 hours - Adding ricotta cheese on top the last half-hour.

Thicker and richer than usual lasagna, and REALLY easy!

For even more mixed flavor, layer it all together the night before and let the flavors steep before starting the crock pot.

Sounds like a pasta bake‽

I’ll probaby get in trouble for posting this, but here is the old family Borscht recipe (the white one, not traditional beet).

Borscht
-Combine mushroom, sauerkraut and potato cooking liquids, sauerkraut juice and water (Approx 2 qt)
-Add canned sauerkraut juice to taste
-Bring to a boil

-Combine 1 cup flour with 2 cups cold water until smooth. (Potato Flour may be substituted)
-Strain and add slowly to cooking water
CAUTION: to prevent curdling (ex. Drop Noodles), reduce heat!
-Remove from heat and cool well

Combine 4 eggs with 1 pint half & half
-blend until smooth
-Strain and add slowly to small portion of well cooled soup.
CAUTION: to prevent curdling, heed well cooled
-Combine mixture w/ remaining soup

-Reheat
-Add Mushrooms
-Slowly combine ¼ lb. butter cut into small pieces
-Salt to taste

Not for the faint hearted :joy:

Parsnips! I had to ask my dict!
Gut Gut!!! :grin:
An old vegetable often not known by the young ones.
But meanwhile it shows up more and more.
Fantastic taste!

Some of our traditional family Christmas recipes are homemade chourico:

caldo verde soup:

shrimp turnovers:

and my favourite Portuguese rice pudding:

Ingredients:

1 cup Jasmine Rice or Short Grain Rice
2 cups Water
2 cups Hot milk whole preferred
1 cup Sugar
2 Egg yolks
1 Lemon rind
1 tablespoon Butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Pinch of salt
Cinnamon optional

Instructions

Cook rice with salt according to the package instructions.
Add hot milk, sugar, butter, vanilla, egg yolks, lemon rinds to the cooked rice and stir.
Simmer for 15-20 minutes covered until you reach an oatmeal consistency.
Divide rice pudding into dishes and let cool.
If you use cinnamon add the cinnamon design when rice is room temperature
Serve or store in refrigerator until needed

4 Likes

Bom apetite!

Feliz Natal & e um Prospero Ano Novo!

Needs no translation! :heart_eyes:

I forgot to ask those shrimp turnovers as you called those : simliar to “rissois”?

1 Like

Eggnog with Cognac; Potato Cheese Casserole (with tons of bacon); and always honey sliced ham with orange-based syrup drizzled over

Every year about this time it is TAMALE season! Purely deliciousness!

Ingredients
4 cups masa harina
2 cups CHOPPED chicken, beef or pork
2 to 3 cups chicken stock
3 ounces cream cheese (softened)
6 tablespoons lard (or vegetable shortening)
1/2 cup green olives
1 1/2 cups roasted pepper salsa
Dash salt
Dash pepper
1 package/6 ounces dried corn husks

You’ll be in for a Mexican treat!

1 Like

Cool stuff man i like

Here’s a simple recipe I like to use when dealing with oversharing family members.

Scotch - your favored brand
Glass

Optional:
Water - room temp or in solid form.

Enjoy.

1 Like

Thank you. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year as well!!
It is exactly Rissois de Camarao.

1 Like

For the last couple Christmas my mom has been making Roasted Tomato and Garlic Tart

INGREDIENTS

1 pt. grape tomatoes

1/2 jar roasted red peppers

3 scallions

2 clove garlic

1 tbsp. olive oil

Kosher salt and pepper

1 frozen puff pastry

3 oz. Asiago or provolone cheese

Green salad

DIRECTIONS

Heat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, roasted peppers, scallions, garlic, oil, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper.Unfold the pastry onto a piece of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll pastry ½ in. bigger on all sides. Slide the parchment (and pastry) onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle the entire pastry with ⅓ of the cheese.Top with the tomato mixture, leaving a 1-in. border all the way around. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake until the pastry has puffed and is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with a salad, if desired.

1 Like

My wife makes a Christmas granola with white chocolate, pistachio nuts, craisins, and a number of other ingredients

2 Likes

Nao Bolo de Rei ou bacalhao?

“No “king’s cake” or codfish?”

(This cake is very traditional in Portugal at Christmas and the codfish is quite a must :yum:)

And funny, in older times there was always a little metal gift hidden in the cake (now it is forbidden because to dangerous (teeth!! :sob:) , its a bean today)
And the one who found this has to pay the cake next year.

1 Like