The Community Christmas Countdown | Delicious Christmas Recipes

Hey Anker Fans,

What’s your favorite Christmas recipe? Even though different countries have their own traditional dishes, families also have their own take on the holiday classics.

Maybe every year you absolutely have to make your Great-Grandmother’s Christmas Cake recipe, or you try to find a new way to make Brussels sprouts taste good (spoiler: it won’t work).

Sigh…

Perhaps you like to mix it up and try delicacies from other parts of the world like an Italian Panettone, English Mince Pies, or even Danish Rice Pudding. Who knows? It could become a future family favorite!

Now, that’s more like it! I know what I’m making this year…

Today’s challenge is to share your favorite Christmas recipe. Whether it’s one that’s been in your family for years or is something new you’re trying out this year, share the recipe in the comments below and you could win a mystery box!

Rules:

1. Winner will be randomly selected from the comments.
  2. Valid for residents of the US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain.
  3. Only entries made before 12:00 AM, PST on December, 20th will be eligible.
  4. Anker reserves the right of final explanation.

The winner of the last week’s post, Unforgettable Gifts, is @downwithvivid. The prize is an Anker Wireless Charger and an Anker PowerPort Mini Wall Charger. Congratulations!

14 Likes

An often Christmas meal at Christmas Eve here in Germany
Is “Wienerwürstchen mit Kartoffelsalat”.
(Frankfurters with potato-salad)

The reason?

Is very easy to prepare, as usually there are so many other things to get prepared well, there is no time to create a sophisticated meal.
This will be done the next two days.

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! @downwithvivid. :gift: :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Congratulations @downwithvivid on your wins :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congrats @downwithvivid - 1 post 1 win :muscle:t2: Will you be going 2 for 2 :tongue:

1 Like

Congrats @downwithvivid

1 Like

That was damned lucky, he joins and suddenly he wins… Hhhmmm!

SECRET GRAVY
I can’t go giving away my secret gravy recipe. No one knows! … NO ONE, not even my fiancée.

It’sy secret and it"ll stay that way, maybe on my death bed, I may tell Jane how i make it, until then‽

2 Likes

congrats @downwithvivid

with that said and not to be spiteful or anything, but I really hate how someone signs up and instantly they win any competition…its almost asking for all of us to create a new account just so we can enter these giveaways and have that much a better chance of winning. Or someone who has won numerous times in the past but you never see them on the forum comes out of the woodworks and BAM they win instantly again just for showing back up. Its as if we get punished for being here daily and always helping others out. Now I’m not complaining about always being here to help others, its just frustrating to see so many competitions go to new or random people who provide no insight to this forum and only ever come around during competitions. /Rant

3 Likes

“Sex”ret??

I hope that isn’t an indication of the secret ingredient :grimacing::joy:

:astonished: Naughty Naughty Naughty

Peppermint Cookies

1 Like

This isn’t really a recipe but it’s what we always eat on christmas eve:

Bratwurst with potato salad and mustard or ketchup.

So yeah. That’s that

1 Like

My favorite Christmas recipe is Gingerbread Cookies. It is easy to make and always so delicious.
INGREDIENTS:
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup unsulfured molasses
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
(optional) zest of one small orange
optional toppings: simple icing (see below), red hots, sprinkles, etc.
ICING RECIPE:
2 cups powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Enjoy…Happy Holidays :slight_smile:

1 Like

Magic Bars

Ingredients
 margarine 1/2 cup
 graham cracker crumbs 1 1/2 cups
 chocolate chips 6 ozs
 coconut 1 cup
 nuts 1 cup
 Eagle brand milk 1 can

Directions
Melt butter in 9x13 glass pan. Sprinkle crumbs on bottom. Add coconut, chips, then nuts. Pour milk evenly all over. Press with fork & bake at 325 for about 25 minutes. Cool & cut in bars.

2 Likes

Hang on, as some of you know I actually am a chef, now #Anker you want me to give up my recipes? LOL, I’ll have to think of something special, I got finished baking cookies every day for a week with my mom so she can have some and give some to family and friends! So when I cook I usually have everyone else in mind, aka it’s not about whether or not it’s something I like. Since our Christmas are rather small, people-wise, over the past few years I have been making the newest/best dessert I have learned how to make. While the parents still want to have control over dinner I figured I’d take dessert, Much better than store bought cakes. I’m undecided for this year right now, it’s between a Chocolate Peanut butter crunch cake with a Chocolate Mousse or an Apple Tart Cake.

So Here is the recipe for the Crunch Cake, I highly suggest trying it!

Before you start prep a half hotel pan, or whatever pan you going to use for this, it will be about 6" tall when finished, use a pan no longer than 1ft, Cover the inside of the pan in Plastic Wrap making sure there are no holes, Place pan in the Freezer.

21oz Milk Chocolate
6 tsp Vegetable Oil
2 1/3c Peanut Butter
3 3/4c Crushed up Corn Flakes
15oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate
3 1/4c Heavy Cream

Over a Double Boiler, which is just a pot of water, half filled or less, heated until steaming with a metal bowl with your ingredients on top, make sure it is wider than the pot and that the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.

For Choco/PB Crunch

In a metal bowl, mix MILK chocolate and Oil, whisk until melted and then take off the heat.
While the mixture is still hot add the Peanut (optional, also I use Super Chunky)
Again, whisk until melted, then add the Corn flakes, mix throughly

Pour the mixture into the pan you have in the freezer, put back in the freezer

For Choco Mousse topping

Whip the cream until stiff peaks begin to form, stop
Use the same pot for melting the Semi-Sweet chocolate, once it is melted GENTLY fold the cream into the chocolate until thoroughly mixed
Now check to make sure the mixture from before is solid if so spread the Mousse on top, place in freezer for about 20 mins, then move to refrigerator. Cut however you like, I prefer bars, ENJOY!

2 Likes

Motivated by my trip to Italy this summer, I will be trying to make a Torta Caprese for christmas.

Still scouting for a good recipe but if anyone has any experience or recommendation, I’ll be happy to take!

P.S TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!! Thanks for all you’ve done for us customers this year @AnkerOfficial

My family always makes lefse at christmas time!!

Dadgumit, now I have to figure out a different recipe to use.