The Community Christmas Countdown | An Unforgettable Christmas

The first winner is someone that only enters contests and rarely ever contributes to the active community.

Totally didn’t see that one coming…:roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Lol, cheer up pal it’s nearly Christmas :grin:

As for a favourite Christmas as per @AnkerOfficial thread , can’t choose, each is special in it’s own way…good luck to those entering the Christmas Mark II event :tada:

7 Likes

Be right back @ndalby just gonna go stash my grinch hat before I cause a ruckus :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Probably when it was our eldest child’s first Christmas - it was really special even though he hadn’t a clue what was going on!!

The Christmas of the year 2000, when I shared with my two grandparents and grandmothers all gathered together in the house, the last time all together, we shared many laughs, stories, the most memorable memory of a nice family Christmas :revolving_hearts:

One of my most memorable Christmases was as a child when it snowed almost 2 feet and we were snowed in. I was selfishly excited because I got to stay home and play with my new toys and games since we couldn’t drive around visiting family. :joy:
But the power went out about mid-day and I couldn’t play my new Nintendo games anyways… serves me right.

2 Likes

My favorite Christmas memory is seeing my dad’s excitement when he recieved a new Wii golf game. That year turned out to be his last Christmas. RIP dad.

I was stationed at Ft Stewart GA, had recently gone home to visit family on west coast so did not want to do it again so soon. Myself and 3 buddies rented a big town car and drove to Key West for Christmas to go diving etc. Rained the entire time we were there. Ocean was a washing machine. Never got to dive, barely saw the beach. Could see a bit of Cuba through the telescope but it was not best visibility. Everything was pretty much closed down for holidays/winter. We did meet two cool girls at a pool hall, they invited us back to their timeshare condo and we spent Christmas day with them at their pool with an open tab. Wasn’t the best planned Christmas ever but the whole spontaneous rode trip and adventure was something I’ll never forget.

My mum used to work in a hotel and she got paid triple time for working on Chrtistmas day. So the family tradition was to have our presents then go to the bar with her all over the lunchtime session. Then we would get back around 4pm and find the dinner pretty much cooked because she had set it all up with the oven timer.

One year we came back from the bar (and all the adults had had more than a few drinks) and found that mum had forgotten to switch the oven on and our enormous turkey was still raw with 3-4 hours cooking time needed. So we ended up having sausages and mash for Christmas dinner and had the turkey feast the next day. Mum never lived it down!

My most memorable Christmas was when I lived in the Washington DC area with my parents as a kid. There had just been a blizzard and we got to play in the deep snow after the storm passed.

Having a hard time coming up with a “most memorable”, but one that stands out is the year I got my much, much younger brother a Kermit the Frog stuffed doll. I think he was 2 (I would have been 14) and was sure he would love it because he loved Sesame Street.

He was terrified of it! He thought it somehow came out of the TV and wouldn’t go near it.

Present FAIL.

1 Like

Yeah, I wish @AnkerOfficial did more giveaways for dedicated forum members that aren’t just here for prizes.

1 Like

My most memorable Christmas is when I was very young. My mom got me a TV with a VCR built-in. I don’t know why, but I was so unhappy about it. I guess I was a little spoiled! For whatever reason, the memory sticks and will stick forever.

Contests are a good way to introduce people to the community. Perhaps if we are welcoming and interactive here, people will interact with the community more broadly.

1 Like

My most Unforgettable Christmas was Christmas 2013. The first Christmas as a Father. My daughter was just born 6 days before. As any new parent know, the first 6 days is very stressful, restless nights, and tension can be high.

:christmas_tree: But the morning of Christmas, it was a chilly snowy morning. My fiancee at the time and new baby girl were sleeping. I woke up early and set up the downstairs as if Mr Jolly himself had arrived. I made coffee and a quick breakfast. :egg:

:fireworks: It was truly magical. I think it was the first time I had ever truly understood the meaning of Christmas. All my previous Christmases were about stuff and getting things. Man, it’s about so much more.

Ugh - I’m not crying, you’re crying. :cry:

10 Likes

I think it would be easy to say that my most memorable Christmas was the first Christmas we had with our kids after adopting them. My son was 3 and my daughter was about to turn 5. It was a great Christmas and the light and joy on their faces when they saw the mountain of gifts that Santa brought them was unforgettable! That Christmas is definitely one that I will hold dear to my heart as long as I live (before my memory goes and my kids lock me up in a nursing home).

However, the Christmas that will go down as one of my top Christmases is one I spent with my parents, husband, sister, and brother-in-law on a tiny island off the coast of Maine. It was absolutely perfect. We had a large snow storm followed by perfect weather on Christmas Eve and Christmas day, amazing food, ZERO drama, tons of laughter, and wonderful memories. It truly was one of the most perfect Christmases I could have ever hoped for and will go down as one of my top 5 all time favorite times in life.

Me with the sister and rents.

3 Likes

Haha!!

When my Mom forgot the stuffing, forgot to put the oven on and forgot the crackers. She wasn’t on form that year!! Thank god she remembered it was Christmas :gift::gift::gift: :joy::joy:

1 Like

When my parents hid the christmas gift in the trunk in the car. I found it was a nerf gun so they returned it cause i found it and then i got a worse gift for christmas lol

Although I love having kids, being a kid was amazing. I remember the train tracks and decorating the tree. We always had a BIG surprise between myself and my sisters that was AFTER all the gifts were opened. The meaningful one that was hidden in the garage. I loved spending the time with my parents. The time that you don’t realize when you are little how precious it is. Then as you get older, that time is all you have left to remember. I loved Christmastime with my entire family!

My favorite Christmas was when my wife and son got to spend their first Christmas together. When he woke up and saw her, he ran right past the present and into her arms. I about cried seeing how happy he was to have her there with us on Christmas. Nevermind the fact we got married that Halloween and he saw her every morning since then, it was just magical for him.
And now here we are 6 years later and I look forward to every Christmas we have together because we all truly appreciate and love one another. Making Christmas memories last a lifetime

1 Like