The Community Christmas Countdown | An Unforgettable Christmas

My favorite Christmas was when my wife and son got to spend their first Christmas together. When he woke up and saw her, he ran right past the present and into her arms. I about cried seeing how happy he was to have her there with us on Christmas. Nevermind the fact we got married that Halloween and he saw her every morning since then, it was just magical for him.
And now here we are 6 years later and I look forward to every Christmas we have together because we all truly appreciate and love one another. Making Christmas memories last a lifetime

1 Like

Glad to see I’m not the only one who sees these things and says so.

Finally, I’m not alone!

1 Like

Well to pour piss on everyone’s happy memories, but my most memorable Christmas…

I was about 5 or 6, I’d done the sticking on the end of my bed. I was at my dad’s home that year (most years I was in the children’s home).

My mother said she didn’t want to see me ever again. So she n my brother lived in Wales earlier in the year.

(((Unbeknownst to me, my social worker, had begged my dad to have me that year, as I might have found it harder not having g my mum n brother that year))))

So having woken up around 5, freezing cold, I rushed to the end of my bed for my stocking… Some satsumas, nuts, toffees, a cap gun and a few other bits.

I scoffed loads and then around 6am, I went into my dad’s room and (probably) shouted… ITS CHRISTMAS DAY.

my dad turned over, gave me a slap across the head, and told me to get back to fucking bed, it’s too early.

THAT, is my strongest christmas memory.

Ain’t great, but that’s what happened. Ya can’t beat 70s parenting… But they can beat you! Hahahaha

christmas in hawaii

One year, my dad’s sister was out from Rhode Island for Christmas. She was looking at the tree, checking out all of the ornaments (which are a big deal to mom) & Aunt Gladys realized that mom didn’t have an ornament from her. So she took off one of the rings on her finger and handed it to mom. It’s on a length of fishing wire now and that ring goes on the tree every year.

A few days later, mom & dad went out while Aunt Gladys took care of my brother & I. No big deal, we go to bed & our parents still aren’t home. Get up in the morning and it turns out that mom & dad went to Disneyland without us.

2 Likes

My most memorable Christmas memory is when my mom tried to take a Christmas photo of my siblings, my dogs and me. The dogs wouldn’t stay still and ended up knocking over the tree. It took so many tries but after what felt like forever we finally had a great photo! Of course no one seeing it would know how long it took since we all looked happy

1 Like

My most unforgettable Christmas was before my parents moved to Florida and all of us (then kids) still were nearby. It was wonderful having all of our family and some dear friends in the same house, all celebrating life together.

Now that we’re all a bit apart in different states, it’s more difficult, but we still make time to see each other. This year, we’re having Christmas at my parents’ place in Florida, and we’ll definitely have a full house. Maybe this year will be the most unforgettable? That, and I recently met the most wonderful woman who appreciates me for who I am, which is the best holiday gift I could have ever imagined.

Thank you Anker, as always, for being awesome.

That’s what they told you😂

1 Like

I don’t have any stories of great Christmas vacations. My family has always done Christmas very low key. The memories I have are valuable to me and have always been quiet, but together. The one I remember most was just a few years ago. The whole family was together and we stayed together in the same house for a week (though many of us live in different places now). It was great to sit around and watch movies together and enjoy being together when we rarely are able to get together. It’s a special memory I’ll always keep.

Me, my wife, and my sisters family were traveling to go meet up with the rest of our family in another state. It was Christmas day and we had a layover at an airport. The airline kept saying the plane was late and we kept getting delayed. Hours and hours go by and a couple passengers figured out that they had cancelled our flight and were just telling us it was delayed. so we were waiting for hours in the airport for nothing. We finally were told we could get on another plane if we hurry. We RAN across the airport and they said that we had one too many people. This nice lady next to us stood up and said that we could have her seat on the plane. A Christmas angel saved the day and we were able to be with our family for Christmas!

1 Like

My most memorable Xmas was when I was 5 and was sooooo excited on Christmas morning I ran downstairs and saw all the presents in the living room. I should point out that at this stage in my life I had 2 older brothers, an older sister and a really young younger sister. Well I may have been a little too excited and opened every single present under the tree and around the room - we all had sections of the room allocated for our presents.

Needless to say when everyone else came down as well as my parents, and they discovered that in my frenzied unwrapping I had broken a few gifts, I got a smack. :see_no_evil:

We all laugh about it and nieces / nephews are sometimes reminded “don’t do what Mark did” :joy:

3 Likes

We are friendly to everyone, but unfortunately there is too many people that join the forum, win a prize then never return. Or they return just purely to enter the competitions and not actively participate in the forum.

When on christmas morning my brother and I found an air hockey table under the tree

Christmas and the holiday season has always been my favorite time of year. My favorite part is getting together with family and celebrating the holidays. My family definitely knows how to throw a party.

Pinning down my best Christmas was tough but I have finally settled on one. Back when I was seven or eight years old (feels like it was forever ago) my family rented a cabin in lake Tahoe that was right on the water. My sister and I fought the whole car ride to lake Tahoe but as we pulled up to the cabin and saw the snow on the ground we stopped fighting and made a beeline towards our sleds and the snow. We spent what now felt like hours but was probably minutes playing in the snow and sledding down the hill. Finally we were lured into the house with hot chocolate to see a mini tree and a pile of presents :gift::gift::gift: The following day was Christmas Eve and after a day of playing in the snow my sister and I were allowed to open one present each. Having examined every present earlier in the day I chose one of the bigger boxes that after a shake sounded like it was promising. It ended up being a pirate ship Lego set with over 1000 pieces. I spent the rest of the evening battling with my father over who would get to put the next Lego on the ship​:joy: I don’t know who liked Legos more him or me. Christmas morning I opened another large box that had giant Legos and of course proceeded to build a fort as the youngsters do. My parents solved the back seat bickering on the way home by giving me the garage door opener which kept me busy trying to open random garage doors from the highway.

I’ll never forget that trip, cabin or good times playing in the snow.

Merry Christmas​:snowflake::gift::christmas_tree::red_car::family_man_woman_boy_boy::snowman::santa::mrs_claus::deer::snowflake:

My best Xmas was where we all went for a curry. I had my Chicken Vindaloo as usual. No washing-up!

Ahh well that’s what random choice after days of open contest does for you.

I raise the Gringe to a humbug.

My most memorable Christmas is when my siblings and I went all in together to get a TV and entertainment center for our parents. None of us typically had the money to get our parents something big, but we were all able to chip in that year. We got the TV and blu-ray player and soundbar all wrapped and I was the one designated to sneak it into the house. Knowing my parents would be leaving Christmas Eve to go to my Uncle’s house, I waited down at the end of street, hoping my car wasn’t spotted. When I finally saw them leave, I took all the gifts into their house and hid them in the basement.

The next morning, my siblings and I had our normal gift exchange with my parents. We all bought cheap dollar store gifts so they would have something to unwrap under the tree and the big gifts would be a surprise. My sister and eye shot each other glances, trying not to laugh, as my Mom would comment how nice these gifts were that she had no idea came from the dollar store. Finally after everything was unwrapped, we all banded together and brought up the big gifts from the basement. It was fun to be able to surprise them for once.

1 Like

Not the most memorable but a few years ago my son was an “expert” at cooking and decided he cook a frozen turkey, it was all nice for the first 1/4 inch then went red then was frozen solid inside. We chucked it and a quick drive to supermarket and bought sliced meat.

It is now a family tradition to remind my son… “you didn’t cook this did you?”

1 Like

Congrats @hopehix. Enjoy your goodies :slight_smile:

1 Like

My most memorable Christmas was when we visited the Christmas markets in Germany and used our anker products to keep everything charged up and safe!!!