If chosen, this would by my third pair of Anker headphones I possess. 4 if you include 1 pair that I lost.
I currently own SoundBuds Slim Original & Soundbuds Surge. I lost a pair of SoundBuds Sport, but I remember how they worked compared to my current headphones.
I also own a pair of Sony MDR1000X noise canceling headphones with adaptive noise canceling. I could also compare them to my Sony’s, but I don’t think it would be a good comparison since they aren’t really in the same category (in ear vs over ear).
My devices I would use to test and compare the headphones would be an Iphone 7, Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge, Galaxy Tab S Tablet, and a Macbook Pro 15 inch 2016 model.
Testing criteria (things that are important to me:
Sound (Treble, Mids, & Bass)
1. I would test sound listening to the same songs with same settings on all headphones being compared.
2. I would use different songs of different genres, production, and mastering. (sound quality can vary depending who the producer is and how it is mastered)
3. My general genres of music are drum & bass, reggae, hip hop, rap, dubstep, and trap music.
4. I would test these with different audio sources: downloaded music, stream from Itunes, stream from Pandora, and stream from Spotify.
Fitment / Comfort / Noise Cancelling
1. I will test this by using the different accessories provided (ear plugs & ear flaps)
2. I will test these while at work as an automotive service advisor at a Mercedes Dealership (11 hour shifts with 1 hour lunches, 5 days a week). Sitting in front of a computer, running around an automotive shop. I typically accumulate 5 miles a day walking according to my fitness tracker on my Iphone.
3. I will test these while walking my dog ½ mile 5 days a week and a 3-7 miles on the weekends.
4. I will test these while working out (elliptical, treadmill, weightlifting) 2-4 days a week.
Quality of Workmanship
1. I would just do a general comparison/hands on/unboxing with my other anker soundbuds. I already know the quality of the Slim & Surge have way better quality compared to the Sports.
2. I will test the water resistance while working out (sweat) and while taking a shower.
1. I will test battery life by using the headphones from full charge to battery depletion while at work.
2. The new Iphone has a Bluetooth device battery percentage, I can monitor using that,
3. I will also set a timer and compare battery life with my other anker soundbuds.
4. Of course, I will try to use the same sound settings to compare the average battery life.
1. I normally test Bluetooth range by leaving my phone in my office and walking around the dealership and shop. The Soundbuds Surge seems to have a better range than my Slims. My Slims & Surge definitely have better range than my Sports. My Anker Soundcore 2 speaker has better Bluetooth range than any of my Anker headphones.
Things I will not test:
1. I will not attempt a drop test.
2. I will not try to take them apart.
3. I will not test which one can play music the loudest (I respect my ear drums).
4. I will not let other people test them, because they are in-ear (gross).
5. I will not try a water dunk test, unless you specially ask me to.
6. I will not go swimming with them on,
Unfortunately, I do not have any social media websites. My review will be on Amazon.com or Anker.com Website. I can also post a review on the Anker.com Forum.