Terms of Service Reminder

Shame you had a problem @SZak2015 but that’s a super quick resolution :+1:t2:

I would agree their customer service has always been amazing I think it’s just the community being neglected as platforms like Instagram Facebook Twitter and now even tiktok get more love and focus since that’s where they think they can get the most new sales from which makes sense

True and wise words Rob.
Enjoy the weekend.

We can, but we don’t need.
If we don’t want, we can leave, like many others did.
If ANKER wants this, we can and will do.

The last active member has to switch off the light here! :joy:

3 Likes

It is purely business. Tik Tok, Instagram, Facebook and Reddit are all highly traffic driven sites (as we all know). This is a small community site that has a core base of people and although they try to expand it further by way of giveaways and what not, I can only imagine how many people sign up and never come back again. There is a large drive for a week/month and then nothing. I doubt a large piece even go further than the contest page alone.

Now look at TikTok. They have over 200m views and 50m on #Anker alone. It is a HUGE driving force for them. Prior to TikTok’s rise to fame, this was the place to go to get all the info and support you needed. But that only hits a small portion of the target audience. We are the die hard, use no other, speak no ill will, been here since the onset of population. We have no offering for them to bring to the table. Sure we help out the occasional traveler who needs it, but when contests do not draw as much traffic as they want, or announcement, or anything for that matter, what is the point (business wise) to pump money into a community of people like that. That is why the constant chatter from admins and @AnkerOfficial has ceased, that is why the power draws are never there, that is why people get silenced for readily available information, and that is why more and more people are distancing themselves and not posting/caring to any extent. We didn’t kill this community, they did. Not intentionally, just slowly and methodically as to just have it be that part that still exists, but the one you on to make sure it is behaving.

I get it, I truly do. A business is a business, money is money, fans are fans, but the way they took to doing so is the crap part. Let us know you are taking a step back to focus on other ventures. We are right there rooting for you all the way. But when it is like a bad date and we get ghosted, it stings a little. Sure I’m going to keep using their products, because frankly I prefer them and they are some of the best. But give us a little bit of comfort to be able to discuss what we want with a group of people who have similar interest. That’s it. That’s all we want. Ban people for spamming random crap, do it for the blatant TOS violations, but if you really want people to give a shit about anything, make it transparent already. “This is a reminder to follow the TOS” COOL, WE HAVE QUESTIONS AS TO WHAT WE CAN AND CANNOT DO.

Clearly Reddit has things that are not announced yet, and they have the ability to stop it. One simple message to their admin team and the entire thing will be suspended or locked down. They know this. They are a multi national company with years of online experience. They know it. Do they stop it? No. Do they stop people here from doing the same thing? (Seriously though, if you guys want any information about anything coming up, just look at their subreddit)

Sorry for the long rant. I just have seen this place go from a happy interactive place to one where you need to walk on eggshells.

3 Likes

That means we are in the grave now.

I can stand it, as long we can have some private talks here not censored.
We, the “lousy rest” from the ancient huge and strong family will “take over” the forum here.
But before we all get dismissed we will ask for a compensation of our Powerbucks! :rofl:

4 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better! I agree it’s not the focus on other places that bothers me I get that they will go where the money and majority of people are but the ghosting and then not answering question of what we are and aren’t allowed to post is quite annoying and feels like we are forgotten a little and just used to answer support questions. I love Anker as a brand and suggest them to everyone because I love their products and their customer support.

4 Likes

This is traceable to posting about the Soundcore Frames a few days ahead of launch. Rules are rules and must be followed.

So a musical discussion involving 30 minutes of music.

Some may feel a negative like;

But a better approach is

(Yes broke a rule) BUT

We share more together than divides us. Community is over 5 years old. So

Probably going forward anything which breaks the rules must:

Right, about those Soundcore Frames II, then the Frames II Pro then Frames II Pro+.

Joking.

Made up names.

Finally, some Beethoven. Those who doesn’t listen to some Beethoven end up a little strange.

1 Like

A few years ago, I designed (using AutoCAD 2000 and cut with a Komo CNC router at the place I have been working at for over 35 years) a Texas Hold’em gaming table for Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees. Although I was never into that kind of music, they were a huge part of the music scene for a very long time. Seeing this video’s thumbnail reminded me of work that went into creating something for such a creator of music.

1 Like

Went to my son’s parents weekend but not able to comment earlier as I was having fun with my family…

Although it looks gloomy, I think there is still glimmer of light. The site is just in a rough patch is my thoughts right now.

I will say that we all know that professor is actually on the different communities. Even if we do not say which accounts he is on(unless he told you), he is on here most likely talking to us. @cs.carlstein since you have been here for one week in 3 months, you may not recognize his speaking style :thinking:
I count about 3 accounts that he has used to converse with us as his keyboard is mightier than the sword.

Zorro_(Diego_de_la_Vega)

I think overall the biggest problems from the different activity here is that I do not think we have have an admin consistently here for probably close to a year (probably last November) Either due to last admin quit or they reassigned them to another project and have not added a new admin for the site. We all know they have a job posting to 1 be admin here and 2 to upgrade the site. So they do continue to have plan for the community (at least I am betting they are) I think they may just pop on here once in blue moon right now.

Right now we are like kids watching a candy store being watched by fellow children.

We have not had many powerdraws ( I am at the most since I been on the site). Had some in August 21 and February 21 and November 20. Testing club was last done October 7 2020.

i still think as @Fuu_bar was thinking it was the FCC post. If there was no admins on here then they probably did not see the others as they were not doing an active search for them. I figure one of them popped on for a check in once in a blue moon, maybe to check any messages and went to see what we were posting on and saw the FCC post on the fan favorites. Thus the inconsistency of getting dinged or not.

With no admins, or limited admin the community would seem like it is dying slowly and it is going to social media. I do not really think that is the case or they would not be trying to hire an admin to be dedicated here and to make updates to the site. Also, I find that Soundcore does direct a lot of traffic back to the community. So I am not giving up on that Anker is giving up on their community sites.

Throw in Soundcore and Eufy Security getting their own communities the last two years as well as several dedicated members slowly decreasing their interactions to basically not on the site.

You do have less activity than what was here before. Will say we may have to just wait it partly out to see if the site will become more active or the community will continue to slowly fall to other social media outlets.

2 Likes

com-gif-maker(6)

2 Likes

@Chiquinho
I was thinking of investing mine…but could never find their “true value”.
We need more Power Draws so we can at least “invest“ them in that way.

3 Likes

That’s true. but who from the staff is listening to the few “hermits” here?:rofl:

2 Likes

Hear hear :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2: well said @Fuu_bar

4 Likes

2 Likes

Good to have you back @professor
I hope you enjoyed your break.

1 Like

Welcome back home!

home

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Glad to see you back @professor