SURVEY: A Flashlight on Your Portable Charger?

Thank you @AnkerTechnical for the :money_with_wings:

Can you make sure the :battery: :flashlight: has a USB-C :electric_plug: to keep @nigelhealy happy and future proof it :grin::thumbsup:

2 Likes

It’s hard to say, not saying Anker would produce a bad product. But having to rely on a torch that has a built in charger has more chances of failure. If you had portable charger and a separate torch, if one “dies” you won’t be completely screwed :sweat_smile: If your phone were to die and portable charger malfunctions, at least you wont be left in the dark if you had a separate torch. If your torch dies, and charger works…you’ll have longer run time to be able to call someone.

As I tried to express before there’s also an issue on size vs capacity my friends and I at a minimum carry a 10000mAh pack each when going out. Sometimes I even carry my 20000 because its the only one that I have that has QC (hence small backpack and separate torch). Whereas my friends have the 10000 speed variant. Not many in my family use the lipstick sized type due to not having enough “juice” as well.

1 Like

Thank you @AnkerTechnical :clap:

1 Like

@AnkerTechnical

I know this may be stupid but I would be remiss if I didn’t at least post it… Make sure the device can charge and be used as a flash light at the same time :::Mind Blown:::

It may sound simple but I could see that being an oversight :wink:

2 Likes

Charging and using at the same time could be stressful on the battery. I think the better option is to allow the flashlight to be hooked up to an external power bank and use it to power light. When the light is off, then charge.

I’ll be testing a Rofis MR70 flashlight with a 5500 mAH battery. It is a flashlight and a power bank Will post a review later.

Ouch, 80bucks for 3500 lumens.

The high quality 18650 or 26650 cells Anker uses have enough amperage output to do both simultaneously.

I used to have a power bank with a built-in light and although I didn’t use it much, I really appreciated having it when I did need it. But if you want to be a little ambitious, how about a modular system of accessories? You could have a flashlight attachment, a fan attachment or even a lighter (one of those new USB-rechargeable plasma arc lighters). Pretty much any small gadget whose size is more battery than gadget would be a good candidate!

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion!

@AnkerOfficial

Remember further up, I showed a photo of a modular “torch head”, well I used it on the power bank I won via the PD and that works fine.

So I add a guff the same way I add a photo? If so, I’ll giff me using it… If I can work it out, if not a couple pics, showing g sequence.

Yup. These fancy lights are for flashaholics and not for the average consumer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m I allowed to post a review of the Rofis M70 on this board? :smiley:

It’s a cool flashlight: main head = cool white and side light = warm white (yellowish). Power bank function requires a USB-A female to micro USB female. 5000 mAh capacity.

1 Like

In the past it was much simpler and were called a plain…

FLASHER

I know this is an older topic but …

I had a couple of batteries with a flashlight built in. Hated it. More than one occasion, the flashlight would turn on accidentally and drain the battery. So annoying when that happens!

Also, pretty much everyone has a smartphone these days with quick access to the flashlight. I think that should be sufficient.

1 Like

Yeah, we will consider every situation and make a finally decision. Thanks for your good feedback!

2 Likes

I bought a few of these:

for under £1

They are very bright! I put them on the usb port of the PowerCores as a makeshift PowerBank/Torch :slight_smile:

Hoping to see some new product coming out with good integration @AnkerTechnical :smiley:

4 Likes

@doris4jin ooh that’s a good idea, got a link for them?

Yep: https://www.gearbest.com/led-light-bulbs/pp_625950.html

3 Likes

Whilst just randomly scrolling through Amazon, I found this…

It seems to answer most people’s concerns n questions… Have a look/butcher’s

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-EMNT-15600mAh-Capacity-Indicator-Black/dp/B01MR5C7KO/ref=mp_s_a_1_96?ie=UTF8&qid=1525040429&sr=8-96&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=quick%2Bcharge%2Bpower%2Bbank&dpPl=1&dpID=4165C1TkOvL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

1 Like