SoundCore Sport XL connects to another second device while still connected to primary device

I have a SoundCore Sport XL that keeps connecting to a secondary device while my main device is still connected. For example, while my iPhone was connected, my daughters phone connected automatically when she enabled bluetooth. Even when this happened my iPhone still showed it was connected. Is there a way to prevent this short of everyone having to delete the device from their phones?

Try resetting the speaker by using a cable to connect the USB output to the micro USB input this will create a loop and reset the speaker. There is a combination of buttons that you can hold down but I’m not sure what that combination is. Maybe @AnkerOfficial @AnkerSupport @AnkerTechnical can shed some light on this subject.

3 Likes

I would contact @AnkerSupport at service@soundcore.com. Just tell them what troubleshooting steps you have done, have your serial number ready, and your purchase order handy. They may ask for these at some point during the support process.

Dear @anker669

This is Anker Customer Service Team.

We are so sorry to hear the issue with your SoundCore Sport XL speaker. To help you resolve this issue,please try following tips to see if any help:

• Confirm the speaker is fully charged
  • Reset the speaker by pressing volume“+” " and volume"-"button
  • Clear that speaker from your Bluetooth’s memory,then test it again

Normally, this speaker can automatically pair with the last device which it has paired, if your speaker had paired with a different Bluetooth device, you should first remove it and then connect them.

Hope it helps. If the issue persists, please contact us at ""support@anker.com""for further assistance, we provide 18-month warranty for any quality related issues.

Have a wonderful day!

1 Like

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have reset the speaker and reconnected my device, so that will definitely kick my daughter’s phone off. Interestingly enough, earlier her alarm went off on the speaker, while I was still connected to it. Just a glitchy speaker. In spite of that, I still love the product. The quality and sound are great; I just recommended one to my son for his non-profit meetings. Thanks again.

1 Like