Soundcore Speakers - Difference between Stereo Pairing & PartyCasting

Soundcore Speakers - Difference between Stereo Pairing & PartyCasting

Many of Soundcore Fans and Users have been using the Soundcore Speakers in Stereo Paired Mode and now the newer PartyCast modes, both are absolutely fantastic feature for users to expand and connect multiple speakers, more so with the newer PartyCast,

Wanted to list out the differences between the Stereo Pairing and PartyCasting, based on the Soundcore Speakers I have - Flare Minis and Flare 2s.

Difference between Stereo Pairing (on Soundcore Flare Mini) Vs PartyCast (Flare 2)

1. On Stereo Paired speakers (at least in Flare Minis) you may power-off any "one’ of the powered speaker, and other stereo paired speaker goes off!On PartyCast Speakers, you need to power-off the Main/ First Speaker which initiated the PartyCast for the second / other speakers to turn off.
    If you switch off second or any further PartyCast Speakers (or Second Flare 2 in my case) it simply powers off itself while the Primary still is connected and ON.

2. Bass-up on Stereo Paired Speakers (Not available on Flare Mini - so Cannot test, this is an assumption, and I am sure it is true) - this can be enabled / disabled on any one of the Stereo pair, and the same is reflected on the other speaker of the pairBass-up on PartyCast Speakers - If Bass-up is enabled / disabled on Main/ First Speaker, this replicates the setting on Secondary or other PartyCast speakers. If this is already enabled on Secondary or other speakers for PartyCast , this does not enable on the Main / First Speaker.

3. On Stereo Paired speakers (tested on Flare Minis) you may change the light-setting on any "one’ of the powered speaker, and other stereo paired speaker follows the same light settings!On PartyCast Speakers, you can change the light setting on the Main/ First Speaker which initiated the PartyCast, the same color setting is now shown for for the second / other speakers.
    However if the secondary or more of the PartyCast speakers had a different color setting before they were grouped into PartyCast, they will continue to have the same colors UNTIL the color setting is changed on Main / First Speaker, which then sends a sync to synchronize the colors across all the PartyCast speakers.

4. Stereo Pairing works only for 2 Speakers.
    PartyCast is quoted (and demonstrated) to work with 100 Flare 2s

5. Stereo Pairing happens only between Speakers of Same Make, Model (with few exceptions such as Flare Mini with Flare). You may not Stereo pair Icon with Flare, Flare Mini or Rave Mini with Flare. This is a limitation with Stereo Pairing.

With PartyCast, Soundcore plans to add Multi-Product Compatibility, that is, ability to PartyCast Pair between different speaker models this to different speakers models, that is … not just the SAME make / model. Lot of us have been having a lot of Soundcore speakers, being unable to pair to each.

PartyCast Vs Stereo Paired, each has its positives. The One I like about Stereo paired is - I just need to power ON these and they automatically pair in stereo, but In PartyCast, I still need to press the pairing on each of the speaker, every single time.

The feature I like in PartyCast is I can turn On and Off the speakers if I dont need them, without interrupting the music on Main/Primary and other speakers

Some references to PartyCast discussion in Soundcore Collective: 1 , 2 , 3

10 Likes

Great info worth pinning! Another awesome job @Shenoy

1 Like

Excellent information!! Thank you @Shenoy for listing these differences out! :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thank you @ikari04warrior @AnkerOfficial

Thanks again for pinning the post @AnkerOfficial :pray:

Very useful information.
This would be helpful for people to decide what speaker they will purchase.

1 Like

In the Soundcore speakers, stereo is better than a party casting speaker because in stereo speakers you can listen better than partying. Currently, shutdown running in the country so for attending the online classes stereo speaker sound better for hearing the best voice by a professor for doing business law case study assignment in group

1 Like

Great share @Shenoy

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this… very informative. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Useful information @Shenoy :ok_hand:

Interesting how PartyCast speakers don’t support stereo pairing at present (which is one thing I was wanting to test when I pickup another Flare 2 at some point). Surely can’t be that hard to implement a check of some sort to decide if only 2 speakers are connected together compared to 2+ :thinking: (or just enabling via the app for x2 speakers).

1 Like

I would prefer stereo.
But of course the young ones would like the party-modus.
It is a MUST to create speakers with both modi.
Would cover all needs of customers.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation.

Can partycast work across heterogeneous partycast?
I know stereo pairing said in the manual you had to get the identical model. E.g. I had the Mini 2 and the Icon 2 they cannot form a stereo pair according to the manual.

Observation: making loud noise has social consequences, so I encourage use of earbuds wherever possible. It reduces the need for noise cancelling headphones to neutralise the Partycast neighbours.

1 Like

Based on what we hear on the community, Soundcore plans to add PartyCast to different variations of speakers, additional speakers may be released with PartyCast

This is a feature I too have been looking for sometime. Old speakers may not be compatible / or get the PartyCast,

Adding updates from Soundcore Collective, Soundcore team is planning to add a TWS button on the speakers to have the PartyCast Speakers (such as Flare 2) to be able to do a Stereo Pairing. Currently PartyCast speakers cannot do Stereo pairing, even while only 2 are paired. However this is only a plan / some testing which Soundcore may be doing, and subject to change!

Making loud noise with earbuds can cause health complaints. :wink:

2 Likes

Awesome, Interesting article. I’m yet to get involved in speakers, this is the start of my research.

1 Like

Grate Job answering!!! realy helpfull info

1 Like

UPDATE: Added 5th difference between the two pairing mechanisms.

1 Like

Great comparison @Shenoy :clap:

1 Like