Soundcore P2 - only one ear bud works at a time

The earbuds worked well for a week but now I can only get sound out of one ear at a time. It appears they are operating as independent bluetooth receivers and not as a headset.

If I use them normally (take them out of the case at the same time), both make power-up chimes and give the “battery high” message but only the left ear makes a pairing chime and “P2-L” bluetooth device appears and then sound only comes out of the left-ear bud.

The right earbud will eventually power-down. If I switch it on again, the “P2” bluetooth device appears but if I connect to it, the sound moves from the left-ear to the right.

I get this behaviour on two different devices (iPhone 7 and a PC). No pattern of forgetting devices or power-up / power-down sequences can get them to work together anymore.

I have tried an 8-sec hold-down for a factory reset but I don’t see any evidence that they have reset and I don’t see any behaviour change.

Any ideas or do I have to return them?

follow this to reset your earbuds

2 Likes

Perfect! They are working again.

Thank you very much Tank.

Glad to have helped

This did not work for my headphones. (Soundcore Life P2, model A3919) I followed the video. When I place both headphones in the charging case and hold down the button, they just power down. The red light flashes once and they turn off. These are now useless, and I have to purchase new headphones. Waste of money.