Soundcore Liberty Air trying to connect while in the case charger

Has anyone had the issue of the ear buds connecting to your phone while still in the charging case. I believe my earbuds are loose in the case and get disconnected from the contact points and thus thinks im trying to use them and begins to connect. Also does anyone notice the left ear bud status light is much dimmer than the right?

1 Like

Yes to both, but for me the right earbud status LED is dimmer by about 50%. @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical needs to put a stronger magnet in the case to keep it from opening and prevent the ear buds from turning on.

Stronger springs on the contact/charging pins wouldn’t hurt either.

You would probably benefit from a cleaning of the charging pins / pads with a drop of rubbing alcohol and a q-tip.

1 Like

Yes this also happened to me, i ga e them to my son and he uses one of his koms hair ties to just keep the case closed and it also keeps the earbuds in place

1 Like

I contacted customer support, this is ridiculous to sell a product like that and expect us to use a rubberband or hair tie to close the lid shut. Also, I dont think the hair tie idea will work for me because inside the case the ear buds are already loose, the top cover no matter how hard shut it is, wont stop the buds from moving :confused:

1 Like

If I were you I would get them warrantied.

1 Like

Not for nothing but I have to use a hair tie on my airpods, my taotronics, and my no name earbuds as the lid opens on its own for all of them. The only ones that i dont have the problem with is the Zolo+ and the Soundcore Neo

But I agree with @TheDude and just get them warrantied

will make sure i do that! thanks fellas. and good insight Tank.

Same problem with them connecting to my phone while in the case with the top closed. Very frustrating. I’ve had them go low battery on my a couple times before completing a 90 minute walk and I suspect that’s because they were sitting in the case connected to my phone and not charging. I’ll say it again… very frustrating.

Had mine for three days and noticed that it connects to my phone after some time while inside the case which is really annoying! To disconnect, I have to open and close the case and after a while, there it goes again.

1 Like

Same here. The headphones reconnect from inside the case when the lid is shut. I tried turning off the Bluetooth on my phone and after few seconds turning it on and trying to reconnect with liberty 2 without opening the case just to see if they are still on in the case. This time the phone did not connect. It looks like while they are in the case, if the phone bluetooth is on, they will try to connect back for some reason. If the phone Bluetooth is off, they go to battery charging mode and sleep. This is not very useful because we as customer expect the headphones to auto disconnect and stay like that when we put them inside the case and shut the lid.

Hopefully anker fixes this over a new firmware update.

Mine hasn’t even been a day and I’m facing this issue already. Can this be resolved?

Very poor quality of the case hinge I think. If the ear buds connect when they are in the case or choose to connect randomly while in case and activate and if we are on call at that time the other party will not hear us and will disconnect the call.

Not expecting such poor design. And there is no return policy.

I advise not to buy such faulty design. Nobody wh reviewed these ever mentioned the problem with the product

I don’t think this has anything to do with the hinge of the case.

My case shuts fine, still the earbuds connect to my phone. I feel like there’s a defect or design flaw in the way the earbuds detect that they’re in the case.

My workaround (annoyingly so) is to turn off Bluetooth from the iOS control centre shortcut.

Hopefully @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical can fix this via a firmware update.

I’m a little late to the party but it sounds like the connections are dirty on your earbuds gently clean them with a q-tip

Make sure your case is charged, or that it’s plugged in. Mine were doing the same thing, and when I plugged the case in to charge, the earbuds started disconnecting from the phone like they should when they are in the case. Seems that the earbuds need a charge signal from the case to go into charging mode and disconnect from your phone. If the case battery is dead, then this won’t happen, and they will stay connected to your phone.