SoundCore 2

I recently purchased the Anker SoundCore 2 and so far I’m loving it, for the most part. It’s bluetooth range is incredible, I can be in another room so far away I can’t hear it but I am able to still control it via my cell phone. The only thing, and I’m wondering if anyone else has purchased one, is that sometimes the sound quality isn’t always the same. This may be due to different source of audio, i.e cell phone, amazon music, netflix, etc. and when I have it connected to my Fire Stick, which in itself is amazing; thatI can bluetooth the sound from my T.V to my SoundCore 2. Don’t get me wrong, like I said over all I love this product, it’s battery life ranges somewhere on the verge of “forever”, connecting devices to it is simple, its waterproof design is solid as possible, the control buttons on the top, while they may look simple, actually have many functions and since there are only 5, they are nice and big and easy to use, find in the dark etc. So please if anyone has an Anker SoundCore 2, let me know your experience with it. Thank you!!

2 Likes

The source of the audio will definitely have an effect on the sound quality. For example, I can definitely tell that free Pandora radio has much lower quality when compared to my paid Apple Music subscription. Many “free” audio sources stream at a lower bitrate which is definitely noticeable (and, hence, an encouragement to upgrade to a higher tier of service).

2 Likes

The distance to the speaker and Bluetooth connection can also affect audio quality. I use Google Music it sounds great when you go into the settings and change the to Max quality.

1 Like

Hi @Chris_Renshaw,

Thanks for liking our ‘best seller’ speaker!
If these music come from the same audio source, are their sound quality the same?:grin:

2 Likes

Of course there is are differences.

Different sources, different recordings, different compression of the recordings, different adjustments of the equalizer…

3 Likes

Yes I do notice occasionally that the sound via Amazon Dot sometimes degrades (sort of misses bits/jumps) - it seems like a buffering issue either with the SoundCore 2 or the Amazon Dot. I suspect its the Amazon Dot in my case since the problem appeared after a firmware upgrade! Turning off the speaker then back on, fixes the glitchy sound.

2 Likes

This may be due to different source of audio, i.e cell phone, amazon music, netflix, etc. and when I have it connected to my Fire Stick, which in itself is amazing; thatI can bluetooth the sound from my T.V to my SoundCore 2.

Yes indeed. I have found myself that a bluetooth connection seems more bass heavy than a wired connection dispute coming from the same source. It varies by device and also by compression methods/formats used by the device or audio source itself.

1 Like

Thanks! All input helps.

Thanks. I’ll take that into account.

Thanks buddy! Yea I have definitely noticed a difference depending on where the sound comes from, it’s the subtly differences that are hard to determine.

1 Like

I did that, Now when I charge it, the light does not go white to tell me it is fully charged…other then that 0 problems, Thanks!!

My mlm light has never gone white, once its fully charged the light on mine goes out.

That may just be because it is not the Soundcore 2. I’m guessing it’s a unique feature, but it’s still strange. The update did not mess up anything, meaning the sound is still great, Bluetooth connections are fine, just the light. It’s only bothersome because when it turned white I knew it was charged, now the only way to get an idea of battery percentage is to connect it to my phone and look on there.