Soundbuds Slim not turning on or showing any lights

Hi,
I just recently started using the soundbuds slim that my brother has had for a few months. He never had any problems with them, however a few days after I began using them they stopped working completely.
When I charge them, it shows no light, and I have tried charging them with different cables that are all working. The soundbuds won’t turn on either and again show no light. I noticed just on my last use of them on the treadmill before they broke that it was replaying songs before they finished, so that may be related to them not working, however I can’t think of any event that would have caused them to break other than maybe me sweating on the treadmill.
I would greatly appreciate some help fixing these if possible :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I know you mentioned you tried using different cables that all work, but how are you trying to charge them? These draw such a low current that if you try to charge them via batterypack, 90 percent of the time the batterypack will shit off due to such low current draw and thus not charge anything.

It is always best to charge via wall plug or even a computer, the later would just take a bit longer

I am charging via wall plug.

Since you tried using different cables and are charging via wall plug, you can reach put to support@Anker.com and let them know the issue you are having. You will need to provide the order number and serial number of the headphones, you can ask your brother for them if you do not have them yourself.

When you email support, let them know any troubleshooting steps you may have taken to further help expedite a warranty claim

@win_KKona Thank you for contacting us via the community to let us know your concern. Could you please contact support@anker.com with your serial number and order number? We will cover an 18-month warranty regarding any quality issue related. Thanks.

Same thing happened to me on my very last use it just started replaying the same song even when I skipped forward or back, it never did that before, then about 20 minutes later they shut off and never turned back on. Must be the canary in a coal mine.

I have 5 Anker headphones. None of them worked after few months. Always the same issue. No led lights. No more Anker products!