(Solved!) Roav Bolt Not Triggering Google Assistant

Doesnt work for me - and i have tried all the suggested above - with enabling the notification access for Google.

The MIC is just not picking up the wake words. LEDs do not light up. Bluetooth is paired successfully and I can hear the test tones through my bluetooth speaker.

FWIW - I am using a Samsung Note8.

I have sent a email to support and yet to have a response. Anyone ?

Can someone confirm the GOOG Assistant app needs to be open and running before this would work ? I have it running and it still didnt work.

Glad it worked for you.
I’ll be getting one soon and will remember to adjust the settings as per your instructions :thumbsup:

Same here…doesnt work for me Same Note 8 device and spoken notifications are emabled. The trigger word is not working at all. Recieved the package today and installed the latest firmware during installation.

This is not expected as pre ordered and waited for more than 6 months for the package.

Disappointed.

Cybeh

Same issue, and the suggested fix did not work for me. I hope this a software issue and not intermittent hardware problems/failure. Worked great at first, then “ok Google” stopped registering. I can’t remember if it happened after a software update on my Pixel 3 XL…

I hope they release an update so it can fix the issues you guys are facing

The way the issues keep coming up, I have a strong feeling this is something to do with hardware itself… Hope they don’t need to replace the bolt devices

I also have a note 8 same problems unfortunately. Extreme delay if it hears me at all. Absolutely silent car. I’d say it hears me 1 out of 20. Phone used to hear me just fine. If I press the button and ask something it will take super long to respond. Forget sending a text it just gives up. Maybe its tired I know I am.

These are the steps that I did and got mine to work.

1. Forget Roav Bolt as a Bluetooth device
  2. Go to Settings>Storage & Memory>Apps>top right 3 dots>Show System Apps>Bluetooth and clear the data for this.
  3. Uninstall and Reinstall both Google LLC and Google Assistant
  4. Hold down the button on the Roav Bolt for approximately 12 seconds or until the Amber lights progressively all light up.(This factory resets the Roav Bolt)
  5. The lights should then turn blue (This is pairing mode). Pair the Roav Bolt with your phone and follow the setup guide.
  6. After the Roav Bolt it set up open Google Assistant> Roav Bolt settings>Spoken Notifications and verify that Google and Google Assistant spoken Notifications are on.

If this still doesn’t fix your Roav Bolt you might have a defective device. I would suggest contacting either who you bought it from or the manufacturer in order to get a replacement.

1 Like

Yep, for the most part this worked! Thanks! I still ended up having to hold the assistant button down for 10-15 seconds to rest it and hook it up again.

if you hold assistant button on bolt for 12 sec it will factory reset the device. you can start fresh after that.

this is good bit of information, did you receive these steps from Roav Support or figured it out yourself with testing

Bolt is still finicky with calls. Sometimes it routes the call correctly when placing but it never routes call when receiving.
Fyi this is for iOS

1 Like

I’d probably stay away from this charger until all the problems are fixed

My somewhat similar issue was resolved after making sure the Google, LLC app was up to date. For initial trouble shooting, I followed @Nebulous_Noob 's advice post on how to completely erase all Bluetooth history and then found the Google, LLC & Google Assistant apps to Update before having to Uninstall and Reinstall them.

Thanks, @Nebulous_Noob!

Are you able to make calls on your iPhone without actually pressing the call button on the phone? ((After you’ve said the command)

On Android hear and okay Google and the Assistant button do not activate the Bolt, but audio and calls do pass through to the aux cable. I tried the enable spoken notifications and activate from BT headsets, but it still does not work.

Just an update they have confirmed this is device / os specific with my Axon 10 Pro. Working with support and Google for a fix.

Still broken, but have now been told my phone is not popular enough so might not get fixed.

Worked for me I have an OnePlus8. Thank you! I was starting to regret my purchase.

This is what solved it for me on my Samsung phone.
I enabled the hit word detection in android auto and it worked instantly.

2 Likes