So, anyone's A7853M wireless vertical mouse stop working in Win10 before Christmas?

2 colleagues in the office sit opposite each other, same day both their A7853M wireless mice stop working.
Batteries, pairing, different PC’s all the usual stuff to no avail. Currently trying to find a non windows machine to test on. Anyone else?

If you and your colleague purchased the mice in the past 18 months, you can get a warranty claim here. You do need a proof of purchase/order number in order to file it though

Some steps to help check,

1. Make sure to clean the optical area at the bottom and keep it on a clean opaque surface.

2. Try to remove / delete the device from device manager and add it back so windows can redetect and auto install whatever driver is necessary, this is the case mostly on Windows.

3. Since it happened at the same time for 2 users, mostly looks like some Windows drivers or some software push (enterprise) might have messed it up on the Windows machine.

Try to check what new software / update was installed on the Windows from Programs & Features in the Control Panel, and if permissible - try to uninstall the software / update, reboot the machine and check if the mouse works.

1. Write to support@anker.com if you still have it in the warranty period.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

test as I can’t seem to cancel the reply

:grey_question:

I was thinking this as well. Many companies have software that blocks certain USB devices as they’re discovered on the network.

Well, I took it home and tried it on my personal win10 PC and it didn’t work.
Printers and devices shows it as 2.4g wireless mouse, when the dongle is plugged in, but driver event log for HID compliant mouse says device was not migrated. the limited instructions I found for pairing say ‘press the middle mouse button (wheel?) and right mouse button simultaneously’. Unit flashes red but won’t work.

I believe the “device not migrated” message means that Windows 10 could not find the exact driver for the device. I couldn’t find the driver download on Anker’s support site, but try reaching out to support@anker.com as the support team may have additional steps you can try to resolve it.