Smaller or thinner?

I was thinking what type of battery bank is better for portability? a tall but thin one like the PowerCore Slim 5000, or a small but thick one like the Astro E1 Portable Charger?

1 Like

Really depends were you want to store it.
You should care about the dimensions , the weight
and the capacity first.
Those are more important than the real measurements.

1 Like

Power banks really depends on how you plan to use then, do you care about fast charging or just portability? If it’s portability then the lipstick size bank is ideal. Otherwise go with the thinner slim which can fit behind your phone while holding it or in a back pocket

1 Like

I have come to prefer the [Powercore II 10000] (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072MH1434/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_-rr0AbECSV0Y2) form factor. It’s small enough to fit in any pocket without feeling bulky and can provide a couple of charges for my iPhone 7 Plus.

1 Like

Wish anker made a battery pack that has these little suckers

2 Likes

Depends what you’re carrying in.

I own the Powercore+ Mini, the Powercore 5000, Powercore 5000 Slim, Powercore II 6700, Powercore 10000 and the Powercore 26800, and the Powercore Fusion.

For in a trouser pocket I find I like the Powercore 5000 Slim, it is flat, flush against the back of the phone is a reasonable pocket fit.

For a fanny pack / bug bag / belt bag type then the Mini or the 6700 as they are densest power/weight/volume and enough power to cover a long day.

For backpack I always use a 10000 as it is the best overall power/weight/volume and can keep phone and a tablet going.

4 Likes

I personally like the small lipstick ones for carrying with me or taking it with me as I walk around. I like the long narrow ones because I shove both my cellphone and the bank in my back pocket. But they need enough charge I can my devices 3 or 4 time during they day.

In the spring and fall I spend a lot of time off grid and need a lot of charge to keep my gear working. So for those trips bigger and light as possible works best.

1 Like

I’ve been using the PowerCore Slim 5000 a lot lately because it stacks nicely in either of my front pockets with either my phone or my wallet and holds about 2 full phone charges (compared to 1 full charge in the lipstick style chargers).

3 Likes

Smaller is better.

1 Like