Share Your Story | Fourth Anniversary Edition

I doubt that many of the stories are 100% truth. They may not be completely fake but there might be some points of exaggeration in many stories

If instructions were read, it said it was a random giveaway. I would at least think it was a true birthday story. ps good catch

2 Likes

Well I can say my 9th birthday party was pretty good. My parents got me a skating rink party and invited friends from my class room. I remember getting a bunch of tokens for the arcade games and getting a birthday cake of my favorite soccer team.
Also invited was the girl I had a crush on lol. I got some cool birthday presents but my favorite was the kiss on the cheek I got from her :joy:

3 Likes

Seems to be why I always tend to get skeptical posting personal stuff. But I do try and stay within the spirit of the objective, long as I know what I post is true I am fine with it I guess.

3 Likes

I can say my is 100 percent true as well No need to lie or stretch the truth as it is too much work to do and I have enough of real work and work from my wife to keep me busy…lol

3 Likes

Same here. I had to think of a way to write things without being too detailed :joy:

3 Likes

Yes and share just the right amount of info. Me too.

1 Like

Yup exactly. And your nan kinda reminded me of my mom’s grandma. We had the same birthday

1 Like

I think I should edit mine to say I won the lottery and get a better chance of winning :joy:

Hope the winners are at least true stories lol

2 Likes

I don’t think I’m creative enough to come up with a fake story :joy: sure I don’t want to share too many details but still enough to get a story across should be good

1 Like

A few years ago I was away for college and having a rough time, I was homesick, didn’t have any friends since it was a new city to me and couldn’t find any part time jobs. Anyway, I was turning 20 and that week leading up to my birthday I got news my dad was laid off from work and any chances of them coming to visit me was out of the question.
All this led to me feeling really depressed and just wanting to quit college and go back. On the afternoon/night of my birthday I ended up ordering a pizza from Domino’s, 25 mins later somebody knocks on the door, and to my surprise it was my parents along with my good friend from back home. Needless to say we ended up needing more than just 1 pizza lmao.

The reason why this birthday was so special to me it’s because compared to any other birthdays I didn’t want a gift or a present, just wanted to be with my family and not be depressed anymore. And at the end I got just that. The best present I could ever ask for: my family.

When I was about 11/12, (1984) it was the day before my birthday and I was at my friends house about 3 miles from mine.

He lived by a short but steep hill which led down to a roundabout and then flattened a bit and then down to another hill. We decided to make. Go cart (what could go wrong lol)

So we made it out of timber and pram wheels like you did back then and had a rope to steer and could use your feet on the steering too.

It was awesome. We didn’t crash into anyone. (Bonus)
So we decided to make a flame thrower to go on the back so it looked like the 80’ Batman car hahaha

We found a metal petrol (gas) can put a drop of petrol in it, made a place for it to go on the go cart and was ready to go and be Batman.

I dropped a match in the can, nothing happened. Tried again, nothing. So I held the match over the hole while looking into the can… :boom: the thing lit like one of them mushroom clouds and burnt all my face, hair and eyebrows.

Didn’t have phones then, so ran 3 miles home crying. It didn’t seems so bad because of the breeze from running but when I stopped it was like having your head in the oven. My dad was fanning my face with a massive piece of polystyrene which generated lots of wind. But when we picked up the polystyrene we found a cat and kittens under it. Don’t know who they were.

My dad took me to hospital 10 miles away with me holding my head out of the window all the way like a dog on the way for a walk in the park. Needless to say, my face stank, my hair line was gone and singe’d and no eyebrows. Took a few weeks to heal but I had a new kitten for my birthday :birthday: and lovely new skin afterwards haha

1 Like

Odds are 1:11. That’s the best ive seen in a W H I L E

1 Like

I counted +30

1 Like

Yea 33 real ones. Not sure what the time limit was exactly so could be 33 or 31 I think

1 Like

Good luck everyone! Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’d say time stamped the 24th would still be valid… shrug

1 Like

There were some good stories :clap:

1 Like

Some good poets here and they are inventing perfect stories.
That’s OK. :wink: