👻 Share Your Scariest Story | Win a Mystery Box

Way back in the early 2000 I drove across country to move to Washington state. While on my drive out west from Connecticut I was running low on gas, the nearest highway gas station was approximately 40 miles away and I knew I wasnt going to make it that far so I got off the highway in search of a local station. What Should have been a quick detour turned out to be much more.

When I got off the highway I found that it was pitch black outside except for my headlights, there were no street lights or the faint glow of any store signs. I drove through tthe town as it was only 1 direction off the highway, I found that even the houses looked all abandoned with no lights or anything coming from any of them. I must have drove 4 or 5 miles since getting off the highway and didnt see anything gas stations despite the sign saying there was one. I tried to turn around and find my way back to the highway when out of nowhere there where street closed signs up in the direction I had come from so I had no choice but to keep going foward in my original direction. So I turned the car back around and continued to drive, all while noting that I was running out of gas even faster now since I crept through the town because it was pitch black out.
When I finally found a sign that said it would lead me back to the highway I turned down that road. Little did I know I was in for the scare of my life. As I drove down the road it seemed like it got darker and fog rolled in making it hard to see. I heard someone scream and the hairs on the back of my neck immediately stood up, I drove slowly as to not run into anything and thats when I saw her. A woman standing in the middle of the road wearing a wedding dress, I stopped the moment I saw her. She was standing about 30 ft from me and not moving, I rolled down my window and asked if she was ok but she didnt respond. So I got out of the car and walked towards her, I heard some rustling in the woods and looked in that direction and when I looked back the woman was gone. So I shouted hello Ma’am do you need any help? I asked if she was hurt or if there was anything I could do for her. She never responded so I started walking back to my car, at this point it was extremely foggy and hard to see 5 feet in front of me, the noise in the woods grew louder as if its moving in my direction and I wanted to run but I was frozen in fear. This lady came running out of the woods, I screamed loudly, she chuckled and asked if I saw the lady in the wedding dress. I told her I did but she just vanished so I was going to leave, this girl told me not to go back to my car and said thats how she gets you. she said the woman in the dress lures you out and then when your not looking she climbs into the back of your car and when you start driving away she cuts your throat.

at this point I am thoroughly freaked out and frightened, but I ask this lady why she was running from the woods and she said it was to warn me not go back to my car. I asked why she was in the woods to begin with and she didnt respond, she did say look at my car in the back seat. I looked towards my car and sure enough the lady was in the backseat, I go to ask the girl to help me call the authorities but she had vanished too.
I shouted out that it wasnt funny anymore and that im over this, I shout to the lady in the wedding dress in my car to get out. I wak towards the car all the while shouting for her to get out and I didnt see her leave. When I got right to my car nobody was inside it, I didnt waste any time and jumped in and took off as fast as I could. At this point its nearing daylight and the fog was going away, I sped away thoroughly freaked out and couldnt wait until I got back to the main highway. Then I was met with a Ding Ding Ding sound, and forgot I still needed gas and that was car warning me of low gas. As I drove away I looked into my rearview mirror and there she was the woman in the wedding dress, I screamed and she turned from an inocent looking woman into a evil ghost looking woman. Just as she lunged for me I was met with the warmth of the sun rising and the lady was gone again. Almost instantly I saw a gas station and pulled over to get gas.
The gas attendant asked if I was ok and I told him what had happened, he chuckled and said thats why nobody goes out at night. I asked what he meant and he told me to look it up or to ask someone else, I asked why he couldnt tell me and he said if I want to live I would drop it. once my tank was filled up I found the highway and continued on to washington state. When I got there I looked up killer in wedding dress and sure enough there has been countless sightings of woman in wedding dress roaming highways. This particular one was a woman who was ditched on her wedding and went on a killing spree, The girl from the woods was one of her victims who tries to warn people about here.

Ever since then do not stop or try to stray too far from main highways for gas or anything. You never know what ghost you run into.

1 Like

Was that me?

As intriguing as the story was, I also was wanting to laugh. Not because of the story as it was pretty creepy, it was due to just seeing random women on the road screaming, and the whole situation and to see someone in my car and then disappear while being almost out of gas. This seemed almost like a horror movie. I was due to I could visualize me saying hey lady get out of my car and then thinking what I would do if she said no. :rofl:

1 Like

Yea it was super creepy for sure. I honestly have no idea what I would do if she said no or just didn’t reply :joy:

Dude trust me at the time I’m not even sure I would even have a response either. I honestly was freaked out so much so that it took a while before I told anyone what had happened, to me It seems made up and then come to find out that that actually happened

2 Likes

Honestly feels like a horror movie but glad you’re fine. There have been few incidents similar to this that I’ve heard and others just weird like cars sliding or swerving out of nowhere (at a given location on highway)

I wish I would have seen this sooner!!! I experienced the scariest, never make you want to be alone in your home again moment in St.Cloud, MN. I truly had to have my whole home blessed in a ritualistic manner with Holy Water before I could sleep in it again. Maybe I will get to share next year.

1 Like

I’d call that a diesel fuel spill spot. :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

I wasn’t expecting that thank you @AnkerOfficial I can’t believe I won congrats to @professor on the other Win, allot of the other stories where great :+1:

3 Likes

congrats @professor and @gwstarkey.gws

3 Likes

You had a good story as well

1 Like

Thanks @Ankerofficial for selecting me, and to my co-winner @gwstarkey.gws

3 Likes

Congratulations for both well known members.
The next story contest I will write one in German!

(NO more discrimination to non native speakers! :rofl::rofl::rofl:)
Kidding!

3 Likes

Congrats @professor @gwstarkey.gws

2 Likes

A big well done to you both @professor @gwstarkey.gws

2 Likes

@Tank can read scary stories to the light of the lamp of the $400 Powerhouse II 400

I look forward to knowing my $100 mystery prize!

1 Like

Same what do you think it is could it be a mixture of stuff or just one thing

1 Like

My best guess is it’s a Soundcore Motion+ speaker as it’s RRP $100 , but my preference is anything you want (single / multiple) up to around $100 / £100 off Anker.com so can better match what we individually need. But whatever it is, an item or a $ amount, it’s fixed before the competition so not really negotiatiable.

I’ve PM’d Anker , you should too on delivery address, but let them enjoy their evening for now. image

3 Likes

Congrats @gwstarkey.gws & @professor enjoy your prizes when they arrive. :tada:

3 Likes

Im not complaining yall won, just happy I know who did win. Whatever yall get i hope its something you need and can use.

3 Likes