Share your DIY projects share your Ideas!

That looks like a professional work to me. I honestly would not be able to tell if that was done by a professional or not.

The countertop is, because let’s face it, I dont know anything about cuts and affixing anything lol.

The demo, cabinets, sink, tiling and appliances were my handiwork.

As of right now

There used to be a wall in the middle dividing the two rooms that I took down. Let me say it too, plaster walls are not fun in any regard whatsoever

6 Likes

That’s some good work dude :+1:

Only took me 2 years and 2 kids to get everything done lol. At least it is all done except for the master bathroom which needs re-tiling of the walls and floor, and then it will
all be complete.

2 Likes

2 kids = you’ll be building a den for yourself in due course.

1 Like

Did you paint the cabinets or it’s been professionally sprayed? Looks very professional, all the attention to detail :ok_hand:

special schedule :
1 cabinet, 1 kid.
2 cabinet, 2 kid.
3 cabinet, 3 kid? :joy:

3 Likes

WOW! That looks awesome! :smiley: May I give you my address so you can come over and work some magic on my house? :wink:

We’ve owned three houses over the last 9 years and have installed koi ponds in each. It’s a fun project that lets you be as creative as you want to be. Here are some of the ponds that we’ve installed over the years.

2014:

2016:

2018 / Our currently and hopefully last home for a long time:

1 Like

3 Likes

This is the best upgrade picture :slight_smile:

Catfish are the best…

What is that?! Looks kind of prehistoric. Haha.

I also like catfish. Saltwater fish are my favorite ones to eat though.

The best fish you might never heard from:
“peixe porco”

Where do you live? Catfish are a southern thing. I always eat the catfish from the pond :grin:

your’s are different, I deeply :joy: apologize!

Looks like a trigger fish. I’ve had those before and they are good!

I’m in the midwest now, but grew on in FL and on the east coast, which is why I prefer fish from an ocean rather than a pond.

1 Like

The “east coast” generally refers to New England… is that where you lived?

Kind of. Grew up in FL, lived in NY for awhile, and visited my parents in ME for years before they moved back to FL.

Painted the fronts after removing with Benjamin Moore Advance paint because it hardens a lot more than other brands.

Mid painting

Wall that separated the two rooms before

The floor was done professionally as I do not have that skill set and I wanted it done right, but the demo of the floor and installation of the new subfloor (the old one was 2x6" boards that I only fell through twice when demoing the living room floor and kitchen due to water rotting out the boards) was done by me and then helped with by my father in law

EDIT* Forgot the floating shelf install as well

Same is true with the half bathroom and the front entry

EDIT* Forgot the finished product

Every light was replaced in the home and re-wired (which thankfully I did not shock myself during, remember to always switch the breaker and STILL CHECK THE OUTLET FOR POWER)

Backyard was another project by itself. Tore out the old garden, planted new grass seed, 3 trees and repainted the deck

Deck before/after

Post lighting install

And about 100 more things lol

Biggest shoutout to my helper in the entire thing. He grew up into this all from the first day we moved in to when I finished the backyard

Oh Hell, I forgot the first of 2 nurseries

Also forgot the stair finishing/painting done with porch and patio paint surprisingly. It has a super hard shell to it and has an anti-slip property already included instead of having to add a flake to it

4 Likes