Security Modes Eufycams

I have some ideas for EufyCam Security modes. (sorry if any of this has already been talked about)

I love these cameras and the whole system is fantastic however there are some things I would love to see in the Security Modes.

Geofencing is great but it means when I am at home asleep during the night the cameras aren’t recording (without manual intervention) and we all want things to be as automated as possible so lets look at the Schedule…

Schedule is good too but only being able to Use Disarmed, Home and Away is a bit limiting and would be fantastic to use Geofencing in there as well as maybe custom modes. (maybe this is coming, I know Geofencing is in Beta)
For example 6am to 9pm use Geofencing so if I am away from home it is recording and if I am at home it isn’t recording. Then 9pm to 6am put in Away mode (Recording) while I sleep.

Next up - Home, Away and Custom modes have settings for -
Record Video
Push Notification
Camera Alarm
HomeBase Alarm
It would be good to also have a Turn off Camera setting so that when I’m sitting at home certain cameras (internal) can be turned off while (external) can be left on.

You could then have Home Mode set to -
Internal Cameras OFF
External Cameras ON, Recording, Notifying

Away Mode set to -
Internal/External Cameras ON, Recording, Notifying.

Now don’t see this as me complaining because I’m very happy with my cameras but these options would add huge flexibility and would take it another step above its current greatness.

Thanks for reading

2 Likes

Hi @Monirob

Thank you so much for your great feedback on our eufycam.

We will quickly pass on this information t our engineering team.

We have received some great feedback on the Geofencing feature, you have our promise that our engineers would work day and night to improve this product and we are glad to have your support and understanding, which would be a huge encouragement for us to seeking continuous improvement.

Anything we can help you in the future, please contact support@eufylife.com.

Thank you and have a good one!

2 Likes

Super helping suggestion especially when you have more cameras onboard. Hope we see it sometimes as a functionality as all you wrote is achievable with software update.

I absoulety agree with Monirob on all points he made (especially on adding more flexibility for security modes) and was about to submit similar feedback before finding this thread.

Seeing how almost 2 years have passed since this was submitted, I’m wondering if any progress has been made to enable these features? Are they already on your roadmap? If yes, when should we expect them? :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

@AnkerSupport @Monirob

This is what we would like to see, please make it happen :upside_down_face: