Routine and co

Hey there, I’m new here and I’m an eufy user since 2 weeks. I spent time in this forum trying to understand what ain’t said in the official manual, and I found out lot of useful stuff. One of those that I have not found is how automation works.

I have:
homebase 2
4 eufycam 2c
4 eufycam 2c pro

System works good, I have a issue with night vision + motion detector that don’t start off the siren, but bout this I’m talking with support. I’m here to share with you what I found out about the routine that you can made with eufy security.

I’ve tried to build up a full alarm on:

• when a cam see a movement > start the own rec, start the own siren, start the home base siren >> home base siren will trigger every single camera I have in the same “house” and them will start rec + siren.

This doesn’t work on 8/8 of my cams, but just on 5/8 +1 that is the one that trigger the routine. So we have 6/8 running the routine, but I need 8 not 6. So Ive tried to reduce the weight of the routine and split it into 2 routine:

• cam triggers homebase alarm when it sees a movement
  • homebase alarm triggers whole system to start the rec.on each cam

• cam triggers homebase alarm when it sees a movement
  • Homebase alarm triggers whole system to start the siren on each cam

Doing this the routines work good and if you have a good wifi connection, I’m just on a 20mb dsl, not fiber, you’ll get the recs under events and the siren will start asap. Under a bad connection as I am, you need more time to sync everything but it works.

I don’t know if eufy knows this cause they don’t talk about any limitations about routine and stuff, but this is what I found out doing test.

If this can help anyone of you, I’m happy :blush:

Cya,
Lovu