RoboVac 15C wouldn't connect to App

Hi guys,

I just unboxed my Eufy RoboVac 15C and set it up.
The RoboVac works, I can control it with the remote, only the connection to the app does not work.

I’m using an iPhone SE. I can connect to the network the RoboVac is setting up but when returning to the app it says “Connection problem. Please connect your eufy device to RoboVac”.

I switched off the mobile data as suggested in a youtube video but this doesn’t help.

Any other ideas?
Best
Sebastian

Have you setup the Robovac 15C the first time OR never been able to set it up.

If you have not been able to set it up earlier, Make sure to have 2.4GHz Wifi available for connecting the Robovac.

Only the below are supported Wi-Fi networks:

• IEEE 802.11b (Not recommended)
  • IEEE 802.11g
  • IEEE 802.11n (Support only for 2.4GHz)

RoboVac does not support 5GHz networks.

• Make sure you are within range of your Wi-Fi router.
  • Make sure your Wi-Fi router is switched on.
  • Make sure your smartphone is connected to your Wi-Fi router.
  • If the SSID of your network is hidden, manually search for the hidden network you want to connect RoboVac to.

Make sure the Wi-Fi network name or the password you entered is correct. If it is incorrect, please try again.
2. Check whether there are any Internet connection problems. If the Wi-Fi signal is too weak, reset your Wi-Fi router and try again.
3. If there are too many devices connected to your wireless router at once, disconnect a few devices and try again.
4. Check to see if the side switch on RoboVac is turned on (in the “I” position) and make sure your RoboVac operates normally.
5. If the issue persists, long-press the Auto cleaning on/off button for 10 seconds to reset RoboVac. After you hear one beep and see the Wi-Fi status light start to flash, follow the instructions in the EufyHome app to set up the Wi-Fi connection.

Also please make sure to contact at support@eufylife.com - keep the purchase proof handy

1 Like

Perfect suggestions and help.

1 Like

For me the issue was not the WiFi but something to do with iPhone 11. I installed the app on an iPhone 8 and was able to run the setup perfectly without changing anything else. Once the setup was complete I then logged in on the iphone 11 and was able to control the vac.

I think its an issue with newer iPhones during the direct WiFi part of the setup process.
Dec 2020 I know this an older thread but its to top result for Google search

1 Like

You should report that to the support.

Its the usual problem :
A hundred of different devices with different hard- and software.
All should be compatible and well tested.
Not so easy to realize.

1 Like

Same for me - the issues was my phone. I was thinking there might be an issue with my phone preferring 5G so I tried an iPad and it worked fine. The vac was even in cleaning mode when I did it!

Frustrated me terribly - just changed my wifi password and wanted to update it. A nightmare, left it for weeks then got around to trying again with ipad.

They both were on the same version - IOS 14.x