Roav SmartCharge Car Kit F2 Review

That’s Great, Nhi! You should update your review with both your answers to this topic, I’m sure your experience will be valid for many people!

Thanks a lot!

Gonna order this for my wife for Christmas, she’s been wanting bluetooth function in her car but refuses to let me change her radio so this is the next best thing for her.
Thanks @Nhi for your awesome review

1 Like

Will do. I just have to find it. LOL.

Thank you. This would definitely be perfect for her. I wouldn’t want anyone messing with my radio stations or car for that matter. :stuck_out_tongue: For sure a lot easier to use now with the app update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey now, I have changed almost everything on my car from the motor to suspension and even the audio system. The only thing stock on my car is the frame and body shell haha. I can do anything

@Nhi link to your video?

Don’t forget to check out the youtube video. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I won’t forget! thankyou

Due to limits of editing older threads by users (no idea why this setting is in place), thread merged with @Nhi original review thread to help keep the questions/answers in context with what was asked, for future members.

1 Like

@ndalby Thanks :slight_smile:

I like the extra features on this compared witha normal car charger

Tonight, I got an email from Roav, informing me of the firmware update. Eventhough I already did the update a couple days before, it was good to be notified. Here’s what it said…

2 Likes

Nice. Will make it even more usable (when it finally get to the UK)

I would like to know how can I make my roav turn off when I turn off the car and it does not stay on, try to connect by BT and spend the battery of the car?

I don’t think there is a way of turning it off. If your cars cigarette lighter is on a permanent live then it will always stay on and you will need to remove it from the lighter socket when you turn the car off.

My car cigarette lighter socket is connected to anlive that is only on when the ignition is turned off so when I turn my car off, the lighter socket goes off.

So it’s down to the car, not the Roav

You can actually turn off the Roav by pressing and holding the call button. My car’s 12V socket actually cuts off the power when my engine is off so I don’t know if what I just said, would help you. You can certainly try pressing and holding down the Call button to see if it’s still connects via Bluetooth. If it still connects after pressing and holding the call button, then you’ll just have to unplug the SmartCharge. I know that if I was using it in my hubby’s car, we would have to unplug it because his cigarette lighter remains powered even after engine is off.

1 Like

Good to know. I got my f2 on a lightning deal. Should be arriving soon!

Hi, I was wondering the same thing. Lets say my sister was using my car, and she doesnt have the app. Would i be able to locate my car?