Roav SmartCharge Car Kit F2 Review

What is the Roav SmarCharge Car Kit F2? It’s a bluetooth FM Transmitter that allows you to stream music from your phone to your car radio, also allows you to make hands free calls. And a feature that I find nifty is that it also helps you locate your car… for times you’re at the mall and can’t remember where you parked. It also allows you to charge 2 devices (phone, Gopro, etc) at the same time, using their Power IQ technology… which is smart enough to know how much juice your device needs, hence, protecting it from overcharging.

Anker did it again with another fantastic product. It’s a great all in one solution to your music streaming, phone calling, and charging needs. Music and phone calls come in clear and static free … provided you find an open FM station. And while using the Roav Charger app, you can take a picture of where you’re parked, set a parking timer, and even find your car on the map. How cool is that?

If you’re interested in picking one up, you can find it here for $29.99 at the time of this video … https://www.amazon.com/Anker-SmartCharge-Wireless-Transmitter-Bluetooth/dp/B0719SNR5N/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504734260&sr=8-1&keywords=roav+smart+charger+car+kit+f2

Here are some pics of the F2 and the Roav Charger App. You see my full review at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gFl9W0akZk&t=12s, be warned, it is a bit extensive.

11 Likes

Nice review, @Nhi! My friend called me from his car using this SmartCharge and I was surprised how clear the call was on my end!

3 Likes

Thanks. I was actually rather surprised myself at the call quality. In fact, my hubby likes it so much, he wants my the SmartCharge. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Was waiting for the first review of this to be posted on the Anker forums - thanks! And great job!

2 Likes

have you tried the mp3 player featủe

1 Like

No, I haven’t. Do you mean from a thumb drive or auxiliary out? I don’t have an auxiliary line. But I’ll try a thumb drive when I get a chance. I totally forgot about that.

1 Like

Wow, really love the function for locating your car… I often can’t find my car in the shopping mall…:joy::joy:

2 Likes

Awesome, now I can get 1 for each of the cars in the house. Being able to play music is an added bonus. My wife will be happy, no more having to always change the battery in her current Bluetooth device

1 Like

Good review @Nhi , until reading the review I can honestly say I hadn’t even heard about this product.

1 Like

LOL… That’s why I always bring my husband along :wink: Haha. That way, if we still can’t find the car, I can blame him :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks @ndalby. I hadn’t neither until I got an email from Anker. :slight_smile: It’s a really cool package. Definitely worth the price.

1 Like

@elmo41683 I really love that Anker added the 2 charging ports. Now, I can charge my iPhone as well as the Anker C1 Dashcam at the same time. Another bonus is being able to change tracks from the device vs having to do it from your phone.

1 Like

@demol3 Ok, so I tried adding some music to a thumb drive to see if it would stream from there. NO go :frowning: . I guess you would have to use the auxiliary line out for that. I don’t have one so I can’t test it.

I thought it would works via FM, I dont see any 3.5mm port on the unit though, is there one?

I found out from a review on Amazon that said “Make sure your USB drive is formatted properly to the file system FAT, FAT23, exFAT and that you music is no where but at the root of the USB drive. Also your music file format has to be in .mp3 .wma .flac. wav. in order for the MP3 player to work properly.”

I had my thumb drive formatted for my Mac, thus, it didn’t work. Hope that helps you. I have my whole music library on my iPhone so I don’t see myself using a thumb drive for music streaming. But it’s nice that you can though.

1 Like

damn it has flac, I wonder which bitrate and frequency can it handle.

Thanks that would help a lot.

1 Like

Looks an interesting product and a great review :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. It is a great music streaming device as well as hands free calling. It’s like a all in one device.

2 Likes

@AnkerOfficial can you tell me when this is in the uk please? Need one asap for my dads car

1 Like