ROAV - HydroClean Review

Hey Folks!

I just purchased this beauty on Friday and the 'Zon delivered nicely on Monday afternoon. Last night I was able to give it a whirl. Here’s my quick review. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like more pictures! I used it to wash my car, I took before/after pictures - but it doesn’t look much different, since my car wasn’t that dirty…

Assembly was a breeze, instructions came with pictures. You only need a phillips screwdriver to attach the handle onto the machine. After attaching the handle, it still felt slightly wobbly. I kept tightening the screws but did not want to strip or break the plastic housing. Upgrading this part to metal would be more durable and should provide a stronger hold.

Next you attach the gun holster and a cable “arm” of some sort which just slide down onto a plastic cut out.

The metal hose connector was nice, my garden hose went on nicely and you are able to turn the “female” connector to tighten the hose. You don’t need to turn/bend/kink your garden hose to tighten.

The HydroClean comes with three nozzles, the Red one is 0’ this is for hard surfaces (think metal or concrete) the spray radius is very small, thus 0’ I used this on my driveway and some oil stains in my garage… Green is 25’ - this for everything else. I used it to wash my car, clean out my garbage cans, and clean the siding on my house. Finally the black one, this is for detergent. I used a dilute solution of car soap and water, I’m sure this depends on what you wanted to use and the specifications from the manufacturer.

Surprisingly, when the detergent container is still attached and I used the Green or Red nozzle, no detergent came out. No clue how this is done, but a very cool feature and very convenient when changing the nozzle from the black to the green one when I was cleaning my car.

The results were good, it quickly cleaned my car. I had some tree sap and bird crap that might have been there for a while that needed more attention and lead to scrubbing with a towel and soap. It was quick to use once set up and I cleaned my car in a breeze. The pictures show that you can use the spray gun without any of the colored nozzles, this is not true. It just spits out like if you were to put water and smash your cheeks until the water came out like a roman fountain. I thought this thing was broken to begin with.

I honestly think this competes with other pressure washers on the market. I don’t agree with the initial price of $199. I question if anyone can really tell the difference between when comparing models 1,700 to 2,100 PSI. At a lower price point, I think it I absolutely would recommend this. You know you are getting great customer support and a good warranty.

I do have a few complaints that I wanted to add…

My spray gun had no badging/logo like the pictures/illustrations.

The metal extender wand was packaged with the spray gun which caused the sharp metal to cut and ding into the spray gun.

The outlet hose and connection onto the spray gun is way too close to the trigger and hand guard. I cut up my hand trying to put on and take off the hose.

Cable management and hose management is non existent. For this price point, there are others on the market have a small reel to keep the 19.6 ft. hose tidy. It would also help with the power cable, a simple velcro tie simply cannot contain a 35 ft power cord.

Caution, please spray away from any children, vehicles or anything that can be damaged when first using it. I had put the black nozzle onto the metal extender wand and spray gun and it was not ‘locked’ in well enough and went flying! If this had hit my car or my daughter, or another person. It would have damaged the car or hurt someone

Click here for photo gallery

5 Likes

I would love to see Anker/ROAV come out with accessories for this. Some examples would be:

Plastic Quick Change Garden Hose Adapter

Surface Cleaner

Water Broom

OR if we can confirm they are all compatible, then I guess it wouldn’t be necessary.

Thank you for your honest feedback, hopefully they can make some revisions to address these issues you noted

Love love the green :slight_smile: Do you have any video on how it works? Thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Needs more before/after pics, but not ones of your car. Sidewalks, sidings, porch, deck, etc. Did your hands get numb after a while? The vibration from my Sun Joe makes my hands feel numb, even while wearing work gloves.

Great review! Thanks for being one of the first to review this rather unique Anker item!

I also noticed the Ship From address is the same Rancho Cucamonga, CA address that I’ve had various items shipped to me from as well.which is about 2 miles away from me at one residence in SoCal.

1 Like

I’m planning on doing sidewalks and my patio soon.

No, I had no issues with numbness after washing two cars, garage cans. Maybe 30-45 minutes of use. Quite fun!

All pressure washers with detergent tanks only work with a specific tip. This is achieved by the specific resistance/water pressure for the tip that is supposed to disperse detergent. All others have too much resistance and therefore bypass the detergent tank. :grin:

1 Like

@Quinn_Armstrong

Thanks for your review! Can you make a product video which can directly show how to install and how to use the product? I bet many people eager to see it!:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Some product pictures or videos will be great for our viewing pleasure. BTW great review.

1 Like

Can I add soap for cleaning my car?

Absolutely, it has a detergent tank ‘on board’. I can’t remember the capacity of the tank, but it was quite a bit - I added a car wash solution and dilluted it. It was enough to clean two cars.

Also, thanks to @cava3395 I found out that the specific tip (black one) usually called detergent/soap nozzle is the only nozzle that will allow soap through it. This is super convenient rather than disconnecting the detergent tank.

2 Likes

nice review

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

I found that a spray bottle that can turn into a single beam works nicely getting bird droppings off my car in a pinch without scratching the paint.

I don’t know how your living situation is like but for me a water pressure, or hose for that matter, is a PITA trying to get out and put back.

You have some photos to share? :blush:

1 Like

Yeah, pics or it did not happen! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sure do, had an imgur link up there. https://imgur.com/gallery/PSiAEiG

Please see link below.